3:1

a/n: before the chapter starts, i wanted to reiterate what I said in the last a/n, these next years will consist of more mature themes and stronger language. TW's will be supplied when needed, but proceed with caution as topics will become less 'childish'. i love y'all and enjoy!

Your POV

Staring in the mirror the morning of heading to King's Cross Station, I barely recognized myself.

Over the summer, saying my appearance changed would be the understatement of the year. How, I'm not sure, but I looked like a completely different person. My body was much different. I had developed a small curve at my waist and I was filling out, becoming bustier and gaining a figure. My legs were longer, I was slimmer and my facial features were more defined, gaining a natural contour. My baby face still lingered in the slightest, like in my eyes and smile, but other than that, I was almost new. As for my hair... That's a story in itself.

Flashback

"Y/n, dear, are you sure about this?" Aunt Cissa asked me as I sat in a chair at the salon in Diagon Alley, ready to get my hair cut for the new school year, eyeing the 'Wanted' poster for Sirius Black.

"I'm sure." I replied.

"But you look so beautiful with long hair." She stroked her fingers through my curls, which at the time, hung almost at my tailbone.

"It's time for a change." I looked at myself in a mirror, taking in the last bit of my long locks.

"Your hair reminds me so much of your mother, though..." She smiled, trying to get me to change my mind.

"I know..." I looked to the hairdresser. "Cut it."

Flashforward

I scrunched my, now, shoulder length curls, parted down the middle, and smoothed my skirt, in which, along with an expensive sweater Aunt Cissa got me over the summer, I was wearing to the station.

Draco stood at the door that connected our two rooms, leaning on the frame.

"You look nice." He complimented, dressed in the black suit he picked up from Madam Malkin's.

"Thank you." I replied to the blonde with a slight smile. He changed a lot as well, in all departments. His looks, and attitude.

The once greasy, yellowing hair, was now very blonde, almost white, and flowy, his bangs hanging over his forehead. Draco made it a point to grow out his hair this summer after hearing something on WizTok about girls loving boys with longer hair. Once the same height as me, he was now towering over me, staring down whenever we spoke. His baby face didn't stay as much as mine did, and his childhood chub simply melted off of him. His eyes were never welcoming anymore. They were always these sort of cold, gray, rocks, simply sitting in his eye sockets.

Draco and I didn't spend much time together over the summer. We were growing apart and it was very upsetting, not that he cared much. He was always off with Theo and Blaise, him finally making a point to include Blaise in whatever activity he and Knott were doing.

Every day, more and more was Draco becoming Lucius. I could never pry those two apart, no matter the circumstance. He was bitter, no longer the sweet boy I, and everyone else, once knew.

Lucius was also an abomination just as himself. It was a struggle for Draco and I to be able to play our music, whether it be on our guitars or the piano. Lucius would scream and shout at the two of us if we even struck on chord.

Without Dobby constantly at the house, I felt more alone than I had in a long time. Of course, Aunt Cissa was always there for me, but there were times where it became too much for her and when she, too, needed her space .