3:5

TW: blood, bruises, physical fights, and manipulation. for topic sensitive readers, viewer discretion is advised.

Your POV

About a week had passed and Adrian kept asking me the same question.

Flashback

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"What?!" I exclaimed, getting up from my seat. "Adrian-"

"Come on, Y/n. I like you, a lot, and you like me too." He got up too, grabbing my hands. "Date me. We'd be a Hogwarts power couple."

I pulled my hands away from his, my thoughts rushing all over my brain. "I don't know..." I had only just saw Fred flirting with another girl, so going through with this wouldn't have been a good idea.

"I won't stop asking till I have an answer, Y/n." He said, his tone of voice changing.

"But I just gave you-" He cut me off.

"An answer that I want." He devilishly smiled at me and kissed my lips before walking up the stairs to his own dorm.

I wiped my mouth with my hands, a pit forming in my stomach. I felt like I was going to throw up. It wasn't that I didn't want to date Adrian, it was that I still really liked Fred. Maybe Adrian would be my ticket out of these feelings, but even then, it didn't feel right.

Adrian's attitude was hot and cold and I never knew which side of him I was going to get. Committing to dating him felt like something that I would regret.

That night, I kept my eyes on my phone, watching the texts from both Adrian and Fred pour through, two very different sets of messages.

adrian 🙂

a- 'i hope you take my offer.'

a- 'we'd be great together.'

a- 'forget about weasley, you know i'd treat you better.'

a- 'just look at how long it took him to give you a half ass apology for all his bullshit'

a- 'i really like you y/n/n, don't think for a second i'll give up on us that quickly.'

fred 🦋

f- 'hey, are you ok?'

f- 'im worried about you.'

f- 'did i do something wrong? cause if i did, i'll fix it.'

f- 'if you want space, just say so. i don't want to bother you, y/n.'

f- 'talk to me when you're ready :)'

f- 'goodnight...'

Adrian was persistent, and not willing to give up, even if it meant stepping on and manipulating people, while Fred just seemed like he cared.

If he cared that much, why'd he let that girl kiss him? A part of me said.

Adrian keeps making us uncomfortable. He doesn't deserve us. Another part said.

My thoughts couldn't be controlled and nonetheless, I didn't get much sleep that night.

Flashforward

I didn't know how to answer him every time he'd ask me to be official with him, and avoiding him didn't work very well when the only way I could keep him away was when I was with Fred and George, and I didn't want to be around Fred, even if it meant not seeing George for a while.