5:11

TW: some brief mentions of an eating disorder later in the chapter. viewer discretion is advised. remember to eat and if you're struggling, my pms are always open! i love you

Your POV 

Umbridge's punishments were one word: torture. 

I spent my birthday in detention with her. Quietly sobbing over a piece of parchment while she ridiculed me. I was thinking about the tradition the boys had done so many years in a row, broken that year and Cedric being missing from it all. My hands were cut up to the point of barely being able to read the words on the back. They simply looked like messy lines of red ink and discolored scars. 

"You think you're so slick, don't you." Umbridge snarled after I tried to help Neville during Defense Against the Dark Arts. She was making it a point to punish me for whatever she could since I took the blame for Care and I. 

"I fooled you for enough time, didn't I?" I spat, my voice froggy, referring to the DA and Inquisitorial Squad. 

"You're a filthy child with a filthy mouth. Do you know what happens when little girls don't have parents to teach them what's right and wrong?" She got in my face. "Girls like you happen."

"Oh, Professor, I think you need to take a good look in the mirror, because you're the definition of ego inflation."

"You evil little-" 

"Don't you dare, Dolores." 

My father strutted into the office, his nose tipped in the air. I could feel the anger radiating off of him, Trelawney and Madame Pomfrey walking in behind him. 

"I believe you've punished my daughter enough." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"And I believe she hasn't learned her lesson yet." Umbridge grabbed my hand that was wrapped around the quill and pressed the quill into the parchment, creating a puncture wound in the back of my hand. 

I didn't wince, didn't yelp, I simply sat, tears of numbness falling from my cheeks while blood pooled from my hand. 

"Dolores, let the child go." Pomfrey tried to plead.

Since Dumbledore had fled from the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts was no place of comfort. The halls were growing darker, even with the light of spring time fast approaching. I didn't want to be there anymore, but I didn't know where I was to go.

"Oh, please, Poppy, it's nothing you can't fix." The woman taunted, pressing the quill into the parchment with more force. 

The pain was a reminder that everything around me actually was happening, and it wasn't just my imagination or a dream. 

"One more time, Dolores. Let my daughter go." My father ordered. 

"Or what." She pushed the quill into the paper again, and that's when my father had had enough.

"Depulso !" He shouted, sending Umbridge flying across the office and into the wall behind her desk. The force in which she hit the stone sent her pictures of cats rattling, and some even crashing to the ground.

While Professor Trelawney helped me out of my chair and Madame Pomfrey began to already take a look at my hand, I watched Snape walk over to Umbridge and lean over her confused body.

"Do this to my daughter again, and I swear to Salazar above that it'll be the last thing you ever do."

Though it seemed as if she didn't take the threat from my father very seriously.