2:7

Under the invisibility cloak, Harry, Ron and I were able to make our way out of the castle, uncaught, but not without Ron stepping all over my feet the entire time.

Harry banged on the thick wooden door and we waited anxiously for a reply.

"Who's there?" We heard a muffled voice of the half-giant from inside. Hagrid kicked the door open, wielding a crossbow, it aimed right at us. "Hello?" He asked into the open, as we were still under the cloak. "Hello?!" Harry, Ron and I yanked the cloak off of us and Hagrid lowered his weapon with a sigh of relief.

"What's that for?!" I asked, absolutely stunned at why he would have a crossbow pointed at us like he was some sort of wizard Daryl Dixon.

"Oh, nothing, uh- I was expecting, erm-..." He stuttered on his words before sharply inhaling. "It doesn't matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea." He waved us in welcomingly and we all followed, shutting the door behind us. I patted Fang on the head, giving him some love and a smile before joining the two boys by the table.

Hagrid set up some tea cups and the three of us stood and watched as he shakily poured tea into one of them, letting it completely fill up and then spill over the sides.

"Hagrid." Harry grabbed the, obviously distracted, man's attention. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I'm alright." He said, sighing quietly.

"Did you hear about Hermione?" I asked, wanting to get straight to why we were here, no chit chat. My friend was laying Petrified in the hospital wing and I wanted answered.

"Oh yeah. I heard about that alright..." He said back.

"Look" Harry decided to step in and try to get him to confess. "We have to ask you something."

"Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?" I blurted and Ron gulped.

Hagrid took a few deep breaths, preparing himself for the answer. "What you have to understand about that is-" Before he could even get a smidge of information out, someone pounded on his door. "Quick." He encouraged in a whisper. "Under the cloak." We all rushed next to one of Hagrid's giant arm chairs, standing in front of a fire place, and covered ourselves with the cloak. "Don't say a word. Be quiet. All of you." He ordered before walking over to the door and opening it, crossbow in hand. "Professor Dumbledore, sir." He greeted.

"Good evening, Hagrid." The headmaster's raspy voice rang. "I wonder... Could we?" I assume he asked for him and whoever he was with to come inside.

"We?" I mouthed to Harry who just shrugged.

"Of course, come in." Hagrid stepped to the side, allowing Dumbledore and the Minister of Magic in. I tried not to gasp. The Minister was getting involved?

"That's dad's boss..." Ron whispered.

"And Uncle Lucius's." I added. "Cornelius Fudge."

"Minister of Magic..." Ron's voice was nervous.

"Bad business, Hagrid." Fudge said. "Very bad business. Had to come. Three attacks on muggle-borns; things have gone far enough. The Ministry's got to act."

"But I never... No, you know I never, Professor." Hagrid was getting agitated.

"I want it understood Cornelius," Dumbledore said, "that Hagrid has my full confidence." The Minister looked displeased.

"Albus, look, Hagrid's record is against him; I've got to take him." He seemed almost apologetic.

"Take me?" Hagrid's voice was low, but it quickly grew. "Take me where?! Not Azkaban prison?!" My eyes widened. There was no way Hagrid belonged in Azkaban. That's where bad people go; murderers, torturers, Death Eaters, not someone like Hagrid.