2:6

Your POV

The boys left the common room and I stayed with Harry. His face was off, like he was worried about something.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I asked, sitting down next to him. There was a quil and ink out as well as the book we had picked up earlier in the day. "Why do you have that?"

"There's a name on it." He pointed to a very small text at the bottom of the front cover.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle?" I looked at him confused. "Who's that?"

"No idea, but it's a journal." His eyes inspected the book.

"Well, isn't that private? Shouldn't we hand it in or maybe try to find this Tom Riddle?" I asked.

"No way, look." He opened up the journal and started flipping through the pages. "They're all empty." I couldn't tell where he was going with this. "And when I try to write in it." Harry dipped his quil in ink and scribbled a little. My eyes winded as the ink seeped through the paper and disappeared. "That happens." Harry flipped onto the pages behind the page he wrote on, and there was not a trace of ink.

"What..." I was in disbelief. "How'd it..."

"I think it's magic." He stated.

"Well... Write something else. See what happens." I suggested. He nodded and dipped his quil again in the ink.

"Our names are Harry Potter and Y/n Lestrange." He spoke out loud what he was writing and we watched as the ink seeped through the parchment again, this time giving us a reply, startling the two of us.

"Hello, Harry Potter and Y/n Lestrange. My name is Tom Riddle." I read aloud. Harry and I shared a glance and I nodded at him to continue.

"Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?" He asked.

"Yes..." I read Tom's response. "Ask him to tell us about it!" I encouraged. This could be our shot to save some muggleborns and stop the attacks.

"Can you tell us?" Harry wrote.

"No." I sighed and Harry forcefully put down the quil, but then new text appeared. "But I can show you." We looked at each other unsteadily and I read another message from Tom. "Let me take you back fifty years."

"How will he-" Harry wasn't able to finish his sentence because just the pages of the diary flipped onto a random one in the middle of the book.

13th June, was written at the top corner of the page. Right when I thought things couldn't get weirder, a light started to emit from the seam of the journal, growing wider and wider, until the light took over Harry and I's figures and pulled us into the book, transporting us to a corridor at Hogwarts. The hall was gloomy, like it had some sort of haze over it.

"Are you ok?" Harry asked and I nodded.

"Are you?" He shook his head yes and we both began to examine our surroundings.

Harry grabbed my sleeve and pulled me forward with him as he began to walk. We passed behind a giant statue of a hog and approached a flight of stairs, where an attractive boy stood, watching something.

"Excuse me." Harry tried to get his attention.

"Could you tell us what's going on here?" I asked, but the boy stayed still, not acknowledging our grabs for his attention.

Harry and I walked up the stairs and it was like something clicked in both of our minds at the same time. "Are you Tom Riddle?" We asked simultaneously, but again, the boy stayed watching whatever was happening ahead of him.