2:5

A few days later, I sat with Ron, Harry and Hermione, studying and doing homework with them. Word had gotten out that both Harry and I could speak parseltongue by some nosy fourth year that listened in on our conversation from the dorm stairs. The burning of eyes staring at the back of my head was getting to be unbearable, and Harry felt it too.

We both turned around and about five students were staring heavily at the two of us. It made me very uncomfortable to say the least. We both turned to look at our friends but all they could provide for us was sympathetic smiles and expressions. More burning and a feeling of being watched came over the both of us again, turning around to see a whole table of students, all from different houses, all observing us. Ginny too was looking vacantly at us, but in a different way.

Harry closed his book and gathered his things. "See you two back in the common room." He said to Hermione and Ron. "Y/n/n, let's go." I complied since it was very apparent that no one really wanted us there around them. I whispered a quick good bye to my friends and walked next to Harry, all eyes on us as we left. It was honestly getting creepy.

"Why can't everyone just mind themselves instead of staring at-" I was about to finish my complaint when the voice rang through our ears again.

"Blood..." I clung to Harry's side. "I want blood...." We walked over to the wall and Harry pressed his hand up against it. "They all must die..." He pulled me forward to follow the voice. "Kill... Kill... KILL! Time to kill..." The voice grew louder as we grew closer to where it was.

Our breathing was both labored and unsteady as we proceeded into a connecting corridor. My eyes were locked on the ground, thoughts ringing loudly in my head, but when Harry slowed down is when I realized what exactly was in front of us.

Sir Nicholas with his head half off, just floating in the air, completely still. Harry and I moved closer to get a better look but were both surprised to see another person Petrified. Justin, the same boy that the snake almost got from a few days ago. He was laying on the floor, his mouth dangling open and an open book next to him.

Harry bent over to touch him and make sure he was still alive, but I couldn't look at him. I couldn't look at what the Heir had done. As Harry tried to make sure Justin was ok, I could see a shadow coming down a connecting hallway.

Rounding the corner, was Filch. My eyes widened and I rapidly tapped Harry on the shoulder to get his attention, knowing Filch was already on his case about Mrs. Norris.

"What, Y/n?! Can't you see I'm-" Harry looked back and his expression became a replica of mine. The boy quickly stood up as Filch walked up to us.

"Caught in the act." He sneered. "I'll have you out this time, Potter. Mark my words. And you, Miss. Lestrange... I expected better."

"No! Mr. Filch! You- you don't understand!" Harry tried to call after the old man, but he didn't listen. My eyes stayed on Justin's stiff body, but Harry was more observant. "Y/n..." He got my attention and pointed to the side of the boy's body.

Just like with Mrs. Norris, there was a single file line of spiders crawling next to Justin. We got closer to them and watched as they crawled up the wall and out of a window.

Two steps of footsteps approached the hall where Harry and I were and if I'm being completely honest, I thought my heart was going to rip out of my chest from how hard it was beating. I was nervous, with out a doubt. I really didn't want either of us to be blamed for this, but Filch wasn't going to let up anytime soon, and neither was the real Heir.

Harry and I whipped our heads around to see McGonagall's shocked face when she saw Nick and then Justin, her scurrying over to the two of us. Filch had a snarl on his face, like he was enjoying watching Harry get in trouble.