1:7

a/n: Slight TW (talk and description of ab*se) For topic sensitive readers, please be advised more towards the end of the chapter.

Your POV

I hated crying. I hated everything about it. The headache you get after, the way your nose (no matter how many times you blow it) is always stuffed up, how your eyes and lips puff up- Everything. I always avoided crying. I might tear up here and there but I refuse to cry, and that wasn't changing anytime soon. I walked about 15 steps in front of Adrian, holding in all my feelings.

"Y/n... Y/n/n, please slow down." I sped up. "Y/n!" He grabbed at my wrist, but I shoved him off. "Y/n, stop." He stepped in front of me and leaned in every direction I tried to take. 

"Adrian. Move." I kept my head down. I couldn't look in his eyes.

"Just tell me what you want and I'll do it. What Weasley did and said to you-"

"I want you to move out of my way." 

"Not what I meant. Look, Y/n..." He reached a hand out and was about to put it on my shoulder, but I swatted his hand away. I pushed him out of my way. "Y/n! This is not a time to shut me out!" Adrian chased after me and grabbed hold of my arm, pulling me into his chest and hugging me tightly. I struggled at his grip.

"Let me go!! Let me go! Let me g... Let me-" I screamed but my screams dwindled to shouts that dwindled to me choking on my words before hugging Adrian back and crying into his chest. I couldn't contain myself. I didn't want to fight with Adrian. He was here for me when I needed it. 

"Shh..." He stroked my hair while I sobbed quietly. "It's ok, love... It's ok..." After a few minutes, I was done pittying myself. Fred doesn't want to be friends, fine by me. His loss. I loosened my grip on Adrian's torso, but he didn't let me go completely. He took a hand and placed it on my face, cupping my cheek, comfortingly. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head as he whiped a tear from my face with his thumb. "When you do, don't hesitate to come by my dorm. Miles will let you in, even if I'm not there, I'll make sure of it. Just remember I'm here for you, ok?" I nodded and forced a smile. "Promise?"

"Promise." Adrian pulled me into his chest one more time before letting me go. A few more tears came down my face that I quickly whiped away.

"WE WON! Y/N, CAN YOU BELIEVE I-" Harry, Ron and Hermione came barreling down the corridor Adrian and I were standing in. "Y/n, why are you crying?" He asked, concerned. 

"You know, Lestrange, it's just a game. No need to cry over a loss." Ron retorted. Hermione shoved him, disapprovingly and he gave her a silent "What?!"

I glared in his direction. I know it's not Ron's fault, but that wasn't what was going through my mind at the moment. To me, Ron was just another one of his brother. 

"Y/n?" Hermione's voice was calm, and caring. "What happened? We saw you get hit with a bludger but- You're walking now, so I assume you're healed." My eyes were locked on Ron. The anger, hurt and betrayal I felt was protruding out of me and onto him. I turned to Hermione for a second and then to Harry. 

"I'll tell you after." Adrian put a comforting arm around my shoulders and we began walking to the common room. As we passed Ron, I made sure to purposely bump into him and check him in his shoulder. I heard an almost silent "Ow..." come from him and a smile crept onto my lips. 

We were nearing the common room when we heard shouting. 

"Where is she?!"

" I already told you, I have no idea! What do you want from me!?"