2:8

We entered, wands drawn. After climbing down a small ladder, Harry and I made our way down a sort of runway, each side with ample amounts of snake head statues. As Harry looked at the statues, I noticed someone laying at the end of the runway. Ginny. I ran over to her, Harry following closely behind, dropping my wand once I got to her, kneeling by her cold body. Harry did the same.

"Ginny! Ginny, oh please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up." I pleaded, but she stayed unconscious.

"Please wake up!" Harry also begged. As he kept trying to shake Ginny awake, my eyes caught something moving just off to the side of us. Not something, but someone. I shook Harry's shoulders, getting him to turn his attention to the person coming out of the shadows.

Tom Riddle.

"She won't wake." He said and began to move closer to us.

"Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake?" Harry questioned.

"She's not..." I couldn't make out the last word, but I didn't need to, Tom knew exactly what I was asking.

"She's still alive, but only just." He said.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked.

"A memory, preserved in a diary for 50 years." Riddle answered and Harry turned his attention back to Ginny.

"She's cold as ice." I said, wrapping my hands around hers.

"Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up." Harry kept talking to her, and she stayed unresponsive. "You've got to help us, Tom. There's a basilisk." I didn't even notice Tom picked up both Harry and I's wands until Harry said something.

"It won't come until it's called." He replied.

"Give us our wands, Tom." Harry commanded, standing up.

"You won't be needing it." Tom justified.

"Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her!" I told him, taking off my robe and placing it on Ginny, trying to keep her as warm as possible.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Y/n. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." I was confused by his words, as was Harry, but he figured it out faster than I. "Yes, Harry. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"No." I shook my head in disbelief. "She couldn't. She wouldn't."

"It was Ginny who sent the basilisk on the mud-bloods and Filch's cat; Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls."

"But why?" Harry asked as I just stared at the ginger first year under my Slytherin robe.

"Because I told her to." Tom admitted. "You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her. She tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom. And then, who should find it but you?" It was becoming very clear to me that Tom was definitely not who we thought him to be. Not in the slightest. "The very person I was most anxious to meet, but when you brought Miss. Y/n along as well, it truly became clear to me how fun this was going to be, but I'm getting ahead of myself."

"And why did you want to meet me?" Harry interrogated.

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust."

"Hagrid's our friend!" I shouted at the boy. "And you framed him, didn't you?"

Tom turned to face me. "It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent."