Chapter 19

I wake up to bright light in front of my face. I squint my eyes to adjust to the light.

"Sophia! You're awake. Thank god!" Max exclaims as he kisses me all over the face making me giggle. "Do you have any idea how worried I was, you little giggly girl?" He shakes his head as I continue giggling.

"Ah! Sophia, you're awake. How are you feeling, sweetie?" The nurse asks as she comes into the room.

"Okay." I force a smile as I look at her.

"Don't lie, Sophia," Max says in his daddy voice. You know, the one that daddies use when they are warning us to stop or not do something. Yeah...that one.

"Really, I'm fine. Just a little pain."

"Well, I was expecting that considering you broke your leg, so I brought painkillers with me." the nurse said, holding up a bottle of painkillers. "Don't put too much pressure on your leg... actually, I'm gonna give you crutches. And don't let the cast get wet. You will have to get it replaced and your leg checked at a hospital in the next couple of days. You can have the rest of the day off. And you, Max, can get back to class."

"Actually, I'm going to take Sophia home because I'm supposed to be her ride home. And her parents won't be home today either. And as her boyfriend, I think it's my duty to take care of her when her parents can't. So can you give me a pass too?" Max says in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.

"Oh. Alright. Wait a minute, and I'll go get your passes and the crutches." The nurse left, leaving Max and me alone.

"We need to talk," Max said seriously.

I gulp, anxious about what he wants to talk about. Is he leaving me? Did he realize that Alexia is better than me? Was he leaving me for Alexia?

"Stop it, Sophia! I'm not going to leave you!" Max yells at me. I look down, feeling guilty for making Max yell at me and a little scared. "It's clear on your face what you are thinking. Stop it, please." Max takes my hands in his, and I can see that he is pleading with me in his eyes. "Sophia, I will never ever leave you for anyone else. Especially not for that bitch, Alexia. I promise."

I smile and giggle a little, making him raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Daddy said a bad word." I giggle some more as ( I think) I slowly slip into little space.

"Yeah, well, daddy is allowed to say bad words. But that does not mean that you can." Daddy smiled down at me and pecked my cheek, making me smile bigger.

"Here you go." The nurse handed our passes to Max and the crutches to me before going back to wherever she came from.

Daddy helped me get my stuff, and we went to the office to hand in our passes so we could leave. Daddy helped me in the back of the car, with me pouting about wanting to sit in the front, and buckled me in.

As daddy started driving, I decided to take revenge on him. I started swinging my legs innocently and started singing along to the Disney songs that daddy started for me. After a few seconds, I kicked his seat.

"Opsies. Sorry, daddy." I said sheepishly as he looked at me through the mirror. He narrowed his eyes at me for a second, but I acted like that was just an accident. After a couple of minutes, I do it again and apologize profusely, not actually meaning it.

"Just don't swing your legs, Sophia." Daddy said with narrowed eyes as he started slowing down the car. I asked him about it. "What do you want from McD?"

"We are getting McD?" I ask excitedly.

When I see him nod, I start rambling my order. We go through the drive-through, and he gives my order perfectly. On our way to his place, I steal a few fries and drink a little Coke. Luckily, daddy just chuckles. When we get to the apartment, daddy orders me to sit down while he puts the food down in the kitchen and goes to put our school stuff away in his office. Then we watch lilo and stitch while we eat.

-----------

I stretch my hands above my head as I wake up. I look around and realize that I'm in Daddy's bedroom and not in my crib. And daddy is nowhere to be seen. I sigh and get up, pulling the blanket with me. I hop out of the room on my good leg and towards daddy's office, knowing that he is probably studying. The door is slightly open, and I see daddy at his desk when I peek in.

"Come here, Sophia." I hear daddy say in the voice as I started to walk away from his office. I gulp as I turn around and make my way back towards his office.

"Hi, daddy," I say and smile at him as I open the door to his office.

"Come here, Sophia."

I walk over to stand next to him. When I see my history paper with the big, red C on it, I gulp. Oh god! I'm in so much trouble!!!!!!!!!! Daddy pulls me down in his lap so that I'm sitting in his lap with my back to his chest. He wraps his hands around my waist and turns the chair, so we are facing my paper.

"How long has she been bullying you?" He asks quietly.

"About a week," I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

"What did she do, baby?" I hear his pained voice from behind me. I try to turn around to bury my face in his chest and not talk about this. Try being the keyword. "I need to know Sophia. Please. I can just think about what could have happened for you to get a C. Because I know that you are way too good at history to get anything other than an A. Please tell me so I can fix it, baby. Please let me help Sophia. Please."

Daddy's pleading and the bad memories make tears start to fall. I tell him everything. The first encounter I had with Alexia in the bathroom. How she cornered me every day and hurt me. I told him about how the physical hits didn't hurt as much as what she said because she was always true.

"No, Sophia. What she said is not true. She just made up lies. Everything she said was a lie. Is a lie."

"Then why am I struggling so much with the musical? Maybe what she said about you was a lie, but what about the fact that she will be a better lead than me? You have to admit it! She will be a better lead than me in the musical."

"Sophia, what she said about me, about us, is a lie. We are perfect. And you are struggling because you let her get into your head. You let her make you believe that you are not any good at this. But the truth is you are very good at it. You are the better lead for the musical. As soon as you get her out of your head and find confidence in yourself, you will see how good you are in your role. Give yourself a chance."

"It's just really hard," I whisper, thinking about all the times that other kids would call me fat and ugly and prank me. Yeah, that was me in elementary school.

"I'm here for you, Sugar."

"Thank you..." I smile at him. He smiles before pecking my lips. I look at him when he pulls away before pulling him into a deep kiss.

-----------

I want to make something clear. Sophia thought she was pretty light in weight before Alexia told her otherwise. She has many insecurities and has a bad habit of believing what others say about her. Good and bad. And she is petite, aka short.

I'm sorry about the late chapter; this will happen because I have tons that I need to study. So it's gonna be slow updates :(

On another note, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized that I have more than 30K reads! Thank you so much, guys!

QOTC: Do you have pets? What kind and how many?

Love, Love. See you soon.