Chapter 9

For the last ten minutes, I've been standing in the corner. Daddy just put me in the corner and told me to stay here until he said otherwise before leaving the room. I was really feeling sorry for breaking the rules after seeing the disappointed look on Daddy'd face. I hate disappointing him.

"Come here, baby," Daddy called. I didn't even notice him enter the room. I was quick to turn around and jump on him. Good thing he was sitting on the couch. "Shh, love." He rubbed my back as I hugged him, on the verge of tears again. He cuddles me until I calm down.

"Alright, baby girl. Your punishment is not over yet." He continues, making me pout. "No sweets for a week."

"What!" I shriek. There is no freaking way I can live without sweets for a week! I literally eat sweets more than I eat actual food! At least that was the case until Daddy came.

"We do not yell like that, young lady!" Daddy scolded, making me look down guiltily. "And yes, seeing as you broke the rule regarding sweets, no sweets for you for a week."

"But..." I try to protest. Keyword try.

"No buts, Sophia." He said in his Daddy voice. I pout but nod and agree. "Alright, let's get some food in that tummy of yours," Daddy says before picking me up and putting me on his hip.

I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. I open my eyes as we reach the kitchen and freeze. There is no way that I'm sitting in that high chair. I think Daddy felt me tense up because he started rubbing my back, making me relax.

"It's okay, baby. I just want you to try it, and if your headspace is older, then you won't have to sit in it." Daddy explained. I still didn't like the thought of sitting in a highchair. I whined and clung to daddy when he tried to set me down in the highchair.

"Nu..." I whined.

"Sugar, come on, be a good girl for daddy and just try it. Please?"

"Okay," I said with a pout. Daddy set me down in it and locked the tray in place. There was no way I could get out of it without daddy's help.

"Thank you, baby girl." Daddy pecked my lips. "I'm going to go get you a sippy to drink while I get our food." He said before turning away.

He gave me a blue teddy bear sippy cup filled with apple juice. I happily sipped on it as he went to get our food. I absolutely love apple juice. Daddy came back with Mac 'n Cheese, and I squealed. I absolutely love Daddy's Mac 'n Cheese, he brought it for me once at school, and I fell in love with it. After much resistance and a threat of no playtime, I let Daddy put a bib on me.

After Daddy fed himself and me, he put me in a playpen in the living room while he cleaned the kitchen. There was a chest full of toys. I looked in to see that it had a lot of different types of toys. I took every toy out and looked at them with fascination. There were dolls, soft blocks, lego, stuffed toys, toy cars, and many more.

After a while, I realized that I liked the stuffed toys and the soft blocks more. I was so engrossed in playing with my blocks that I didn't even realize when Daddy came and sat on the couch. I jumped when I heard him coo from behind me. I pouted and crossed my arms to show him that I was not happy with him for scaring me like that. He just chuckled and picked me up. He sat me down in his lap, but I turned away from him.

"I sorry baby, Daddy didn't mean to scare you." Daddy pouted and made such a cute face that I knew that I would forgive him one way or another. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"Pway?" I pointed towards my blocks. Daddy smiled and picked me up before sitting near my blocks with me on his lap.

We spent the next hour sitting like that, playing with my blocks and stuffies together with me in his lap. I think this is now my favorite place in the world. But in the midst of it all, I was also trying to fight sleep, not wanting to move from my place on his lap. I guess I wasn't doing a very good job.