Chapter 31

Edited

"... today is Monday, 19th October. The match with Wolves of Woren High is today after school. And the Annual Showcase is tomorrow. Today is the last day to sign up for individual talent performance.... "

I shut my locker just as the guys and Sia get here. I wave and smile at them. Sia walks over and takes my books from me.

"You won't need these. Have fun. " Is all she said before taking Dylan's hand and walking away.

"What was that about?" I ask Max who is leaning on my locker.

"We are taking today off. The coach said the team can have today off as long as we are in the locker rooms an hour before the match. I called your parents and they said I can take you out for the day. So we will be taking the day off."

"And why didn't I know about it?" I cross my arms. He asked my parents about it but not me? Seriously?

"Surprise." Max grinned, making me sigh.

"I can't skip Max. Aren't you the one always telling me school is important? Exams are in just about a month."

"I know Sophia. But you have been studying hard. Too hard in fact. And everyone thinks that you need a break."

"Everyone? " I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Yep. Everyone. Sia, Dylan, your parents and even the library lady was telling me about getting you out of the library yesterday when I went to get a book. "

I frown at this. People talk behind my back. My best friends and boyfriend talk behind my back.

"Baby. Listen to me." I look at Max when he grabs my hands. "We are just worried. All of us love you and so we are worried. We just think you need a break. You haven't been little in more than a week. And that's not good with how much you are stressing. You have been working for weeks. You deserve a break Sophia."

I sigh as I think this over. If I go, I will be losing precious study time. But if I don't, I will be pushing him away even though I know I need him and some alone time to relax. I mean, technically speaking I have went through the syllabus twice for all subjects.

"Okai, but what have you planned? "

"That depends on if you want a little date, a big date or a mix day."

"Mix? " I answer, unsure of what it's going to be.

"Don't worry princess. You can always say no. You know the words." Max kisses my cheek before taking my hand and pulling me along to the parking lot. "Which first? "

"Little? "

"Of course baby. " With that he opens my door, letting me sit in the front with him. I smile at him and settle down in my seat, holding his hand when he gets in after and starts driving.

The drive was mostly silent but it was not awkward at all. It was peaceful with both of us smiling at each other. I looked out as Max slowed down and realised where we were. Trampoline park.

"Excited? " I looked at Max and nodded excitedly. I love trampoline parks.

Max opened my door and we made our way in. There weren't a lot of people, thankfully. This park had a lot of different things so a person coming here alone wouldn't get bored either. There are video games and other games to play.

Max but a blue band around my wrist which means we have access to the video games too. Once he was done putting his socks on after putting mine on for me since I'm "too little to do it on my own", his words not mine. Anyway, once he was done, I took his hand and pulled him along to the biggest slide.

A couple hours later  we were sitting at the food court area after having played and taken a lot of photos. We were just finishing up and collecting our trash to throw it away when his phone rang.

"Hey D.... Mhm..... Okay I'll be there."

"Everything okay? " I ask as we throw our trash away.

"Yeah, Dylan just called to let me know that we will have to be back early because coach feels like we should practice some more." Max explained as he took my hand, making our way to the parking.

I nod, getting in the car. Max put on some music as we left for... I don't know where. I ask Max about it and he tells me that we are going to our favorite ice cream shop.

------

We make our way through the school, walking to Max's locker after stopping at mine. We got back just in time for our last class so I will be headed to class while Max meets the team at the locker room.

"Thank you. I had a lot of fun. " I kiss Max's cheek before turning away to get inside the class.

I squeal as I'm turned around with a hand on my waist and crash into Max's chest. He kisses my lips softly before looking at me, silently asking if it's okay.

I rise on my tip toes and kiss him with my hands on his shoulders. He is quick to take charge of the kiss and instead of fighting him, I give in and let him dominate the kiss.

I needed this. I needed to give up control. Even if just for a minute. I'm not ready to admit it out loud but I don't enjoy having a lot control. And the last few weeks have been me in control. Too much control. I need time where I'm not in that much control. Time where I just have to listen. Just be carefree. With Max.

We pull apart as the bell rings. I sigh, looking at the class door. Max kisses my forehead as someone taps on my shoulder. I look over to see Sia standing by the door with a smile. I smile at her.

"We will be back together soon baby. Go on. Class will start any minute now."

I frown and turn away to leave with Sia. I don't want to go. I feel little. I just want to cuddle with daddy.

And I feel like crying. Ahhhhhhhh. Hmph.

I take a deep breath to hopefully calm down my emotions as I take my seat next to Sia. And this is how I spend the rest of class. Trying to not be little and cry.

----------

QOTC: Name a pet peeve.

For me it's if a person around me chews with their mouth open. Like, it's just so noisy.

Love, love. See you soon. <3