Chapter 24

I walked down the stairs. I'm going back home today, something I'm not very happy about but thankfully we are gonna go get my cast off first. Max woke me up like an hour ago and it's still too early for me honestly.

I walk in the kitchen and wrap my arms around Max, who is standing at the counter as he cuts up some berries for us.

"Hey babe, you ready?" Max asked as he still focused on the task at hand.

"If you mean dressed and get this stupid cast off me, then yes but ready to go back home, then no."

Max sighed and turned around, holding me tight.

"I know you don't want to go home baby," He said, kissing my head. "But you have to. Come on, let's eat."

He took my hand and pulled me over to the table with the berries. We sat and ate the pancakes he made and some yogurt, both topped with berries. After we finished, he had me drink my sippy of chocolate milk.

"Go put your shoes on. I'll go get your bags." Max said as he put the dishes in the sink.

I went and put my shoes on and was about to go stand near the door when I saw Blue on the couch. I had the sudden urge to grab it and take it with me. But I stopped short, not wanting to take something and seem like I'm only with Max for his money like most other girls.

"You can take Blue baby." I looked at Max as he came over to me with my bags, making me blush and look down.

"Nah, it's fine, I can live without Blue." I shrugged, lying.

"Go get him. He is going with you." Max said, tapping my ass and gently pushing me to where Blue layed.

I turned around to protest but stopped short when Max raised a eyebrow at me. I huffed as I went and got Blue, holding him close as we made our way to the garage in the elevator.

The trip the hospital was short and I finally had my leg free of the stupid cast. I was super happy and begged Max to get me some ice cream. After about 10 minutes of begging, he finally relented, taking me to the ice cream parlor at the mall.

"Welcome to Johnson Ice Creams. What would you like today?" The guy behind the counter asked as we came to it.

"I would take a scoop of Mint Chocolate and a my girlfriend would like a scoop of Salted Caramel." Max said, glaring at the guy as he looked me up. I hid behind Max, not liking it one bit.

The guy gave us our ice cream and we went and sat at a high table near the window.

"How did you know I wanted Salted Caramel?" I asked Max as I took a seat and started eating my delicious ice cream.

"Babe." He gave me a dead look. "I have known you for a long time and need I remind you that I am the one that used to get ice cream for everyone when you had sleepovers at Sia's?"

"Point well made." I said, smiling as I nodded. He just shook his head as he went on to eat his ice cream.

"Sooo? How are you feeling now that you finally have the cast off?" Max asked, sitting back and eating his ice cream.

"Free." I grinned.

"You have to start school again from Monday, remember?"

"Yeah..." I said, sighing as I looked out the window.

"Hey," Max grabbed my hand, making me look at him. "It will be fine, the girls won't do anything to you anymore. And if they do, tell me so I can help you. And the principal already said that they will be expelled if they bullied anyone again."