Chapter 10

Max's POV

God, she looks so beautiful! Sophia just fell asleep while drinking her milk. She looks adorable. I hold her for a little longer before getting up to put her in her crib. She whines as I move.

"shh... Daddy's got you Sugar. Go back to sleep baby; Daddy is right here." I whisper in her ear. She stops and snuggles closer to me. I don't know how I'm going to deal with her if she keeps up this level of cuteness.

I put her in her crib after walking in her room for a bit to make sure she was asleep. I don't want to leave her here, but I need to get some work done before I can sleep. So, after I know that Sophia won't wake up, I turn on the baby monitor and go to my office. I need to sort out some paperwork and stuff for my dad's company and club. I started helping dad with the company and club this year since his workload has increased due to taking over another company. I'm not a fan, but I need to focus and get this done.

An hour later, I finally have everything sorted. I relax back in my chair and start thinking about today's events.

-------- FLASHBACK --------

The past week has been so amazing. I have loved every second spent with Sophia. I have waited for this for so many years that it feels like a dream has come true, which it has. There is so much I found out about her that I didn't know in the years that we have known each other. But that is exactly what this week was meant to be.

A week of building trust. A week of finding out new things about each other. A week of getting more comfortable with our relationship. Though I love how she still blushes when we kiss, hold hands or even when we cuddle.

I'm brought out of my thoughts from the macaroni that is boiling. I turn off the stove and decide to send a quick text to Sophia.

[ bold is Max and italic is Sophia ]

Hey Sugar! You ready for tonight?

Yes, Daddy! I'm really excited!

Good. I made a special dinner for you.

Thank you, Daddy!

See you soon, baby girl.

See you soon, Daddy!

I can't wait for her to arrive! I recheck the house, making sure that I didn't leave anything that could hurt her out. I go to my office to get some work done while I wait for Sophia to arrive.

I quickly get out of my office as soon as I hear a knock on the front door. I take a quick glance at my phone to see that it had been almost half an hour since I went into my office. It's definitely Sophia. Thinking this, I quicken my pace.

I open the door, and as soon as I see it's Sophia, I pick her up and twirl her around in my excitement.

"Hi baby," I say, grinning like an idiot, as I put her down.

"Hi Daddy," She replied, shyly with a smile.

I look at her lips and suddenly feel the urge to kiss her. I look in her eyes, silently asking permission to go ahead.  When she smiles, I seal my lips on hers. I kiss her gently but with a little force. I lick her bottom lip, making her open her mouth. She instantly melts onto me as soon as our lips meet.

But I'm also a little disappointed. I can taste chocolate in her mouth, which I'm pretty sure is of brownie. Which means she had some brownie before she arrived. Without my permission and after I told her not to have any sweets later when she asked me to have some sour gummy bears. I know how much Sophia loves sugar; in fact, that's the reason why I call her Sugar. She eats more sweets than she eats actual food, and I have been working on making her eat more food than sugar.

I pull away and smile at her. I'm going to give her a chance to confess. Hopefully, she will be a good girl and confess that she had a brownie instead of lying.

"Come on, my sweet Sugar, let's get that tummy of yours filled," I said, holding my hand out for her to take. "So, did you be a good girl for daddy and stay out of trouble?" I asked as I pulled her in the house and closed the door. She freezes a little, probably thinking if she should confess or not. In the end, she hums, making me a little more disappointed in her.

I scold her to use her words and sit down on the couch in the living room, pulling her on my lap and putting my arms around her. She lies again and hides her face in my neck.

"So, you didn't eat a brownie without permission?"I ask her, pulling her out of her hiding spot as she whines. I make her look at me and give her that look. The one that everyone knows. The one that says, 'You are in trouble.'

"I'm sorry daddy." She apologizes, looking down guiltily and I know at that moment, that she is very sincere.

"Thank you for apologizing like a good girl and telling Daddy the truth, Sugar." I peck her forehead before continuing. "But that does not mean you are not going to get punished." She pouts at first but then sighs and nods. I'm about to tell her to use her words when she speaks.

"Yes, Daddy. You are right; I shouldn't have eaten the brownies without asking you first. I'm sorry." She says, looking me dead in the eye. I can see the tears pooling in her eyes, and it breaks my heart to see her sad. But I need to be strong. I need her to understand that I'm not just going to give her warnings, and I will punish her if needed. But it still hurts me to see her crying.

"Shh..." I rubbed circles on her back and kiss her forehead to try and calm her down. "It's alright baby girl. You are a very good girl for telling Daddy that what you did was wrong and apologizing instead of lying. I'm very proud of you, my sweet, sweet Sugar." I praise her a little.

We cuddled for a while to help her keep calm. She pulled away a little and looked at me, and without thinking, I kissed her on her lips. She kissed me back. I didn't want to end the kiss yet, but I did and looked her in the eyes.

"Alright baby. It's time for your first punishment." I said.

-------END OF FLASHBACK------

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear shuffling from the baby monitor. I grab it and walk over to Sophia's room. I look in to see that she is still sleeping soundly and is just as I left her, except, now she is hugging Blue close to her chest. I smile and peck her forehead with a quick 'goodnight' before leaving, not wanting to wake her up.

I get changed and set my alarm before going to sleep with Sophia still on my mind. I have no idea how I managed to get her in my life.

--------------

I hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think and also checkout Cendrillon1996

Love, Love. See you soon.