Chapter 30

Edited

I sigh as I put away my books and stretch. It's been a month since I got grounded. Things are better now.

Alexia still glares at me but keeps her distance along with her minions. Things were going great with Max. He has been taking me on date nights every weekend if I behave through the week. I have been practicing for the musical a lot along with studying for mid-terms before Christmas.

The musical is in two days which is nerve wrecking to say the least. I haven't been able to relax in over a week, stressed over all the studying and practicing. Max has been helping me with both and trying to have me relax but it's not exactly working very well.

I look at my phone as it starts vibrating. I look at the screen to see Mitch calling. I pick it up, putting it on speaker as I get up from my seat at the desk and stretch some more.

"Hey you! "

"Hey sis! How's it going?"

"Great! What about you? Got a boyfriend yet? " I smile as I take my phone and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Yeahhhhh about that...." I stop opening the fridge door and quickly close it as I squeal.

"You got a boyfriend!!!!! Oh baby Mitch is growing up!!" I fake being sad and wiping tears, laughing as Mitch whines.

"Stop ittt!!! I'm not a baby!! And it's not exactly official yet. He hasn't asked me to be his boyfriend yet." I can literally imagine him pouting.

"You are pouting, aren't you?" I say with a smirk.

"Wha-? How did you know?!? "

"You say it like I don't know you Mitchy. " I laugh, finally getting going back to the fridge and opening it to find a snack.

"Anywayss" Mitch huffs making me laugh more. "I need your help. I am in a fashion crisis and he will be here in an hour."

"Alright mister. I'll call you back in one sec with video call. I just need to call and ask Max for permission to eat the Cheesecake Carla made yesterday. "

"Yeah, yeah and you need to give me all the deets with what's going on in your relationship. "

"Sure boo. I'll call you back in a minute." I end the call knowing he just wants to be distracted so he doesn't get anxious about the date.

I call Max, getting a plate and a fork out and filling my sippy with water since I know that if Max allows me cheesecake, he won't allow me juice too. Too much sugar according to him.

"Are you okay darling? Why are you up so late? " Max's worried voice comes through the phone, making me look at the clock and realize it's past 11pm. On a school night.

"Ummm everything's okay, I lost track of time and just realized it's past 11."

"Baby."

"I'm sorry!! I was studying and didn't realize it was this late. I was gonna sleep right after but was hungry and wanted a snack so came down and called to ask if I could have cheesecake. Carla made it yesterday. " He sighs.

"You can have a piece. But only one. And after it's straight to bed. " Max says in his daddy voice. I nod before realizing he can't see me and agree to him out loud.

"Thank you. But I have to call Mitch and help him with fashion crisis. Call you after? " I cross my fingers hoping he would say yes.

"Alright, but make it quick. It's already late. I want you in bed ASAP. Understood? "

"Understood. Byeeeee!! Call you in a bit! "

With that I end the call and then video call Mitch. I get a piece of cheesecake as Mitch picks up the call. I look him over with raised eyebrows.