XXX. A Step Forward

"First off, there's something I'd like to say. You look pretty good in that uniform." Subaru said and the opening started.

Echidna was surprised that she got complimented by Subaru because she wore a school uniform. She blushed secretly to prevent Rem from seeing her in a different state.

"Yeah, she is." Kazuma said.

"Now you do have some fetishes to witches, huh?" Tanya asked.

"Shut it! I just agreed to what he complimented to her! That's all!" Kazuma replied.

"Why, thank you! Hearing you say that tells me that recreating it from your memories was worthwhile." Echidna said.

"What did you do... on Subaru-kun's memories?!" Rem angrily yelled.

"Calm down, Rem!" Ram said.

"My? Is there anything wrong about it?" Echidna asked.

"You two stay silent!" Naofumi said.

"So what is this place?" Subaru asked.

"As one who is qualified, you entered the graveyard. Thus the trial began. That's all there is to it. Didn't you hear me say "First, you need to face your past"? Echidna asked.

"I'm gradually starting to remember. What did you do to me? I had completely forgotten about you." Subaru said.

"He took the trial... But how...?" Garfiel uttered.

"There are things that we can't explain, Gar." Ryuzu said.

"What do you think about their looks once they see Petelguese's normal face before?" Kazuma whispered.

"They'll be blown into shreds." Tanya replied.

"You're too rude, Tanya." Naofumi said.

"It was quicker to meddle with your memories that it would've been to trust that you could keep a secret." Echidna said.

"And? Did I pass the trial?" Subaru asked.

"Having seen every moment of it, I think the result you achieved was more than suitable." Echidna replied.

"Every moment? Wait, you--" Subaru said.

"I'm so sorry!" When you said that, even I teared up a bit." Echidna said.

"Shut up! Don't tell anyone about that! It's too embarrassing!" Subaru yelled.

"It's too late, they did." Naofumi said and some laughed at Subaru's reaction.

"Do witches like you cry a bit too? That's weird." Ram said.

"Hey! Don't treat us like we are monsters on your sight!" Minerva yelled.

"And then how do you want us to address you? As angels? Hell no!" Otto said while shaking his head.

"O-Otto-kun... please d-d-don't get angry at u-us..." Carmilla sobbed and approaches him.

"Mhmm! Don't get mad at us! I just wanted food, that's all!" Daphne said and she approaches Otto too.

"Wha-What's with you two?!" Otto cried.

"And they f--" Kazuma stopped as he realized what he is saying.

"You..." Tanya uttered.

"...bastard..." Naofumi uttered with their cold looks at Kazuma.

"Anyway, so this world is actually..." Subaru uttered.

"Yes, that's right. It's a fabricated world that I recreated with utmost faithfulness to your memories. Everything, including your parents. Understand?" Echidna said.