XII. Return to the Capital

"Okay, finally... Victory!" Subaru exclaimed.

"Victory!" The villagers responded as they are doing their calisthenics once again. Emilia can be seen standing in the shadow of a store and wearing a hoodie with cat ears on it.

"Oh boy, he is doing those exercises once again." Kadomon said.

"They should be doing that kind of thing to forget what happened to them last time." Ram said.

"And why is Emilia wearing that kind of thing?" Felt asked.

"Just watch the episode, Felt." Old Man Rom.

"All right, line up!" Subaru said on the kids.

"Yay!" The kids replied as they quickly form a line.

"Time for your stamps! Okay, who's first?" Subaru asked as he puts a "kitty" stamp on every kid's paper.

"The kitty's so cute!"

"The kitty's awesome!"

"The kitty's so sad!"

"Is it me that I saw myself on that stamp or not?" Puck asked and the kids laughed at him.

"Yeah, it really looks like you!" Petra said.

"And hey, Mildo, I don't think I look so sad at that one." Puck said.

"Oh, isn't it? My bad." Mildo said.

"Looks like the villagers are full of life again. Thanks to you, Subaru." Emilia said.

"Well, I did put my life on the line to save them. I went into the forest and got chewed on by dogs to save the kids, got chewed on some more when I tried to save Rem after she turned into a demon, then Roswaal saved me right as I was about to become a giant dog's chew toy... Wait... Did I actually do anything?

"Honestly, there's no need to fuss over the small details! There are people who know the full truth. That includes Roswaal and Ram. And especially, Rem. And of course, I do." Emilia said with her smile, making Subaru blush.

"Still doubting on what he did? Come on, Subaru. You boosted everyone's morale, including Rem who fell in love with you!" Ricardo said.

"H-Hey!" Rem uttered in embarrassment.

"Why? Isn't it true, Rem?" Anastasia teasingly asked.

"E-Even you too, Anastasia sama?" Rem asked.

"But sad to hear now that Subaru has--" Priscilla was stopped as Rem and Emilia glared at her with their angry looks.

"You shouldn't speak more, my lady. Or else you'll get yourself into trouble." Al sighed.

"A dragon carriage?" Subaru asked as the two finally came back from the village.

"Please forgive me for parking in front of your mansion." An old man wearing a formal attire said. Emilia and Subaru looked at each other as they see a dragon carriage and the man greeting them.

"This is Wilhelm's first appearance, which means, all of us will be seen here as well?" Crusch asked.

"Indeed! And we are near at the time where you'll see Subaru's worst personality of all! Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"Worst... personality?" Emilia asked.

"What do you mean?" Rem asked.

"And I wonder if what will they react if Emilia scolds him and he gets crazy after." Katsuki said.