XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight

"Subaru worked hard to make a plan against the Witch Cult but... he ended up being one and was forced to be killed by Julius." Emilia said while crying.

"Now that he has died, the next loop will be better. And I assume we will see them succeed into the next one, right?" Rem asked in worry.

"Just so you know everyone, we are two episodes left." Madara said and this made everyone surprised.

"Two episodes left?! Does it mean that... we can go home?!" Mimi asked in excitement.

"You knew what happened to us right? We got blasted by some sunstrike from nowhere." Tivey sighed.

"Someone will judge what will happen to you after the two next episodes. Now, let's keep going to the next one." Jotaro said.

"Someone? Who's this judge you meeaaaaaan?" Roswaal asked. Nezuko looked above and sees the secret watchers above.

'It's them.' Nezuko thought.

"Boy?"

'This can't be...'

"What's wrong?" Ricardo asked on Subaru who seemed to be blanked out for a bit but for him, he was restarted to a new save point.

"Nom... Nom..." Ferris munches Subaru's ear to put him back to normal.

"You were spacing out, so I couldn't resist. Nyow that was a satisfying reaction!" Ferris said.

"Ferris?" Subaru asked.

"Who else would I be? Did you inhale too much of the White Whale's fog?" Ferris asked.

"Uh, no... I'm fine. That told me what I wanted to know. That means... My savepoint was updated?" Subaru uttered.

"Most of us in that new loop didn't know the horrifying loop Subaru-dono faced. And all of us were in despair." Wilhelm said.

"Biting Subaru's ears is disgusting! Ew!" Lucas exclaimed.

"That's Ferris for you, a knight that is also known to be a trap as well." Nezuko said.

"A trap?" Ferris said.

"There are a few new things I've realized about the Witch Cult. Does anyone know of, like... a power you can hse to overwrite someone's consciousness so that you take over their mind?" Subaru asked.

"So what you're saying is, you think the Sin Archbishop may have such an ability?" Julius asked.

"Yeah, I call it "possession." It's how he stays alive. It would explain how he keeps popping up everywhere, right?" Subaru asked.

"Like his soul hops into another body? Then how we will know when he shifted or possess to the next body?" Otto asked.

"Have you noticed him always biting his fingers? That could be the technique he uses to possess other bodies before the previous body he uses dies. And that's a possible theory we can use as of now." Madara said.

"By biting his fingers? Ah! The way he injures his fingers?! You mean his soul goes to the other fingers like distributing his own life force and divides it to the other bodies?!" Ferris asked.

"Probably. And that is our best theory on how he can possess other bodies without you noticing it literally. Fufufufu!" Scorpio said.

"In an old book, I saw a research account of a similar subject. There is one such long-forgotten magic. However, the technique only works under certain conditions." Julius said.