VI. The Sound of Chains

The scene started on Subaru who wakes up while crying in pain and grabbing his arm.

"My left arm!" Subaru exclaimed while grabbing on his left arm.

"I still have it?" Subaru asked.

"Can I ask, does it mean that Subaru was killed and now another loop has reset for him?" Rem asked.

"Shall we say, yes on it, or no? What do you think?" Madara asked.

"I'll take it as a yes. Pardon me for my foolish questioning." Rem said.

"After this one, I'll have an important announcement and I'll answer the question of "Who really killed Subaru in the last Episode." Scorpio said.

"After our mere investigation earlier, we have discovered the suspect of the said event. But of course, we'll tell you about it later on. For now, enjoy the show where Subaru always suffers for his dear life!" Inosuke said.

"I'm gonna make that guy pay who killed Subaru on the last episode!" Rem angrily said. The gods sneezed and looked at Rem with weird looks.

'It was you who killed him, moron!' The gods thought.

"I went back again... No, maybe I should say I made it back..." Subaru uttered. He noticed that the two maids hugging each other in fear after seeing Subaru yelling all of a sudden.

"Oh, sorry. Good morning. Right, I guess you don't remember me... Sorry for the trouble I've caused! Natsuki Subaru will now start over!" Subaru exclaimed with his usual pose. The two maids looked at each other after seeing Subaru back on his usual form.

"By the way, what day and time is it?" Subaru asked as the screen now shows the opening once again.

"The way those maids act like that makes them look cute!" Petra exclaimed.

"Thank you for the compliment." Rem and Ram replied.

"And the way they talk in unison is also cool as well!" Cain added.

"They may have those cute and adorable personalities, but deep within, lies a very dark and horrific past." Scorpio said.

'Does he mean... our lives from way back?!' Ram thought.

'Don't tell me they'll show everyone here our life from before? No way.' Rem thought.

"What do you mean about that dark--" Ram was stopped by Katsuki.

"We will tell the other details later on. But for now, enjoy the DAMN episode!!" Katsuki yelled.

"Right..." Rem uttered.

'It's my third first day in the Roswaal mansion. That chill I felt... Does that mean I died in my sleep the first time, due to physical weakness? But the second time, there was an attacker.

So if I was killed, does that mean the others in the mansion are targets, too? Because we're involved in Emilia's royal selection, like at the loot house? But even if I know that? I have no proof to explain it or any way to avoid it. Worse yet, I didn't see the attacker's face or their prey. My death was totally in vain.' Subaru thought while walking.

"You're irritating me to death. Either stop it or be blown away." Beatrice said.

"Oh, sorry... But somehow, walking in circles also turns the gears in my head. Cut me some slack, huh? We're tight, aren't we?" Subaru asked.

"Exactly what sort of relationship do you think we have, I suppose? We've only met twice." Beatrice said.

"Well, I won't make trouble for you. Serve some tea or something, and let me relax." Subaru said.