Chapter 17

Michael had been dreading Saturday and now the day was here. He wanted walked out of his car and and made his way to the Howard Telecom building. The suit he was in today made him feel quite uncomfortable. Or his shoulders had enhanced since he had worn it last. Rose trailed behind him and he tried to escape her suffocating perfume as he picked up his pace to the office.
"Sir, morning" Rose said catching up with him.
"Morning, what is new?" He asked as he opened the door to the office as and walked in.
"Nothing today, just the Alfinos" Rose said following him in before dashing to open the blinds.
" Good so you can go home, it's your weekend off" Michael said picking up his pen and scribbling notes down.
"You won't be needing me for the day?" Rose asked disappointed.
"Umm..I need you to do something for me" Michael remembered.
"Sure, sir" Rose hid her excitement.
"I need you to get me some good chefs and have them make a meal for the Alfinos. I will give you the credit card to cover the costs" Michael said. He took one of his credit cards and handed them to rose. She was excited.
"Stay there until they are done. They should be done by five. I'll give you the key" Michael said as he handed her the key. Rose took the key with trembling hands, Michael ignored it. She felt as if she was his wife, the keys, card and home management. The excitement was just killing her.
"Of course", she managed to say.
"Good. Lock the office when you leave" he said as he walked out of the office, taking his scent with him. Rose took her phone and alled her friend.
"Carol, how would you like to hang out in a mansion? Bring Tori with you" she said with a squeak of excitement as she hung up.

Rose went to the grocery store and bought some ingredients. She had decided to do the cooking on her own to make her fantasy real. She did not know how to cook, she could only make eggs and a pancake. Rose knew if she messed this up for Michael she would lose her job but she didn't want to think of that, she wanted to be "Mrs Howard" for a few hours only, just a few hours.
  She got to the mansion and let herself in using the key Michael had given to her. She felt thrilled as she stepped in and ignored the memories of her last visit there.
  "Honey I'm home!" She called out then giggled. Rose made her way to the kitchen and offloaded the grocery  bags. She sat down on the kitchen stool, defeated. Now the cooking part. She knew it wasn't too late to hire chefs as Michael had said but she needed to prove she could do more. She heard a car pull in the driveway and her heart sank, was it Michael?
  The door opened and she heard screams of excitement, she knew her friends had come. Rose dashed to meet them.
  "Ladies, welcome" Rose yelled enveloping them with a hug.
"This is epic!" Tori exclaimed. They tore away from the hug.
  "You guys can cook, right?" Rose asked. They looked at her and burst into laughter. Rose knew she was in trouble.

             *           *          *

Marisa had spent the day looking for a dress for her date with Ned. She went home tired. Marisa took a shower as soon as she got home and sank into bed. It was 1630 and she knew she still could sleep and mske it in time for the date. Marisa skid into her blanket and closed her eyes, she thought of something! Marisa jumped out of bed and opened her drawer and took out the key to Michael'smansion. What was she even thinking of doing?! She knew going to Michael's was risky but she also knew he needed her help. What if he kicks me out? Or what if he changed the locks ? What would Ned say if he finds out? What am I doing? Marisa kept thinking as she took a small overnight bag and put the dress she had bought for the date and her shoes. Marisa changed into something  more comfortable and took the key with her. She left her house and prayed Ned would forgive her as she switched off her phone.

Marisa got to the gate and the security recognized her and let her in. She went for the entrance and tried the door. It wasn't locked. Marisa panicked. It was five already and she thought Michael had gone home. What was she going to do? She figured it was a bad idea going there but it was too late because she had already arrived. Marisa opened the door and got in. She heard voices in the kitchen and gathered her confidence as she went in there. She was greeted a sight of an untidy kitchen and three women drinking some wine. One of them jerked to her feet, when Marisa entered. She looked familiar to Marisa.
  "Can I help you?" Rose asked walking towards Marisa. She wanted to intimidate her. Marisa did not want to react negatively quickly before assessing the situation.
"Yes, who are you and what are you doing here?" Marisa said putting her overnight bag on a vacant kitchen stool. She knew it would give the impression that she belonged there.
"Well, I asked you first" Rose faked bravery.
  "Woman, who are you and what are you doing here?" Marisa asked Rose. She picked up a carrot from the table and took a bite. Rose stood there confused.
"Well I'm Michael's PA. He instructed me to make dinner for his business partners and..."
  "So this dinner? Get your minions and get out of here!" Marisa said to Rose.
" Mr Howard said..."
  " Get out!" Marisa yelled.
"Hey, who are you?" Tori asked Marisa.
   "Miss PA, do you happen to know any of your boss' relatives?" Marisa ignored Tori and addressed Rose.
"No..I" Rose was cut short.
   " Good, so before you give me that bossy attitude of yours you might want to consider who you're talking to. Now, get your minions out of here. Does he know they're here?"
"I didn't mean to disrespect you. I just have to finish..."
  "Just leave before I call him and tell him his PA is throwing a party and putting his business dinner on the line" Marisa told Rose.
  "Girls, let's go" Rose said defeated. She now feared that Michael would get to know what she had done. The grabbed their hand bags and left.
  Marisa breathed and took a look at the available ingredients. She wondered if she could pull off a Mexican dish out of the available ingredients. She decided that she could try and she got to work. Marisa could only imagine how Michael would take this but there was no turning back now.
   She was done by half six and she tidied the kitchen. Marisa took her bag upstairs to get ready.
She was coming out of the shower when she heard a car in the driveway.
  She felt her heart beat thumb in her chest. It was time.....

Stay tuned for 18 soon

It was time...