Chapter 19

Marisa had seen Ned's car outside and she knew he was mad at her. She knew he was going to be mad because she had stood him up. She dashed inside the mansion and hurriedly packed her overnight bag. Marisa bumped into Michael downstairs.
"Why did you run off like that?" Michael asked her.
"No reason. I am going home" she walked past him but Michael gripped her wrist.
"Wait, we have to talk about Italy" Michael said securing his grip on Marisa's wrist.
" No we don't. I am done with this charade" Marisa told him trying to twist her wrist out of his grip.
"We can make an arrangement. I.."
The front door flew open both Michael and Marisa turned to look at the door.
"Beautiful, just beautiful. I get stood up for a date only to find out my best friend is getting cosy and touchy with my date" Ned said standing at the doorway. Michael let Marisa go. She walked to Ned.
"Ned, I'm really sorry. I just don't want to discuss this now" she said but Ned blocked the doorway.
"That idiot will mop his mess with your little heart, Marisa. He doesn't care about anyone, he doesn't even give a damn about his fa.."
"Ned!" Michael stopped him. He didn't want to hear what he had to say because he knew what he was going to say.
" Shut the hell up, Mike!" Ned called out to Michael. He focused on Marisa and placed his hands on her shoulders.
"Please I need to go home, Ned. I don't want to be part of this" she said. She was feeling sick again.
"But you're already a part of this. The line has been drawn, we were best friends with that man you stood me up for. He has no heart, he will never love anyone but himself and certainly not you!" Ned exclaimed shaking Marisa.
"Ned, let her go. This is between you and me" Michael said walking to where they were.
"Sure" Ned said releasing Marisa forcefully. She struggled to maintain a steady balance but she failed and hit the ground. Ned panicked.
"You idiot!" Michael said. He yanked Ned's jacket and punched him in the face. Ned's nose started bleeding instantly.
"What the hell?" Ned exclaimed as blood oozed from his nose.
"Get out!"
" This is not over" Ned said with a mocking smile. His teeth were blood stained and he staggered out of the mansion.
Michael stared down at Marisa, she was unconcious. He didn't not know what to do. He stood there for a moment. Had she fainted because Ned had pushed her or she was sick? Michael carried her to one of the bedrooms upstairs and called his family doctor. He removed all the tight clothing from her. Michael knew she was going to fume at him for that.
He sat at the corner of the bed, waiting. He kept convincing himself that he was just doing what anyone would have done in that situation and that Marisa was not getting special treatment.

* * *
Michael paced up and down in the room. He was going through what the doctor had said. Marisa had been unconscious for almost an hour now. Michael tried to wrap around the conversation. Peter Hudson had been their family doctor for close to twenty five years. He had been like an uncle to Michael. Hudson had helped him get through his mother's final months. Michael had tried to dodge a lecture from him that evening, he wanted him to be gone as soon as he had came. Hudson had ran a couple of tests on Marisa from there since Michael had insisted on the tests being done there rather than at the hospital. He did not want anyone seeing him with her in public. He just wanted Hudson to see what was wrong with her and figure out how to help her.
Now Michael was now trying to wrap his mind around the events of the last thirty minutes.
Hudson walked into the bedroom where Marisa lay and gave Michael a pat on his shoulder.
"And?" Michael asked him.
   " There really is nothing to worry about. Everything is okay with her. Doctor Hudson said.
  "So the fainting was just.." Michael waited for the Doctor to shed light on the situation.
"It's just something some pregnant women..."
   "Pregnant women?!" Michael thought he had not heard him right.
"Oh son, you didn't know?"
  " Of course I didn't! Hudson, I was waiting on the tests you had taken!" Michael fumed. How would he have known! Why wouldn't Hudson do something like that? He saw the elderly man's face grow pale. Michael relaxed, maybe the Doctor thought he knew or he had assumed she was his woman. Michael ran his hand in his jet black hair.
"Son, I thought I had told you. It's the dementia. Forgive me" Hudson said.
  "Oh Hudson.." Michael hadn't known.
"No boy, spare me" Hudson did not want to discuss it. He finished packing up.
  " I understand" Michael said giving him a pat on the back.
  "Are you the father, son?" Doctor Hudson asked Michael. That is when it really hit him. He could be the father. I had been what...five weeks.
"How far along is she" he asked.
   "Five weeks" Hudson answered him.
"Damn it!"
   "Congratulations sin, you're going to be a father", Michael heard the Doctor say.
The word father kept haunting him. Marisa Muniz mothering his child. The thought of it made him weak. He was a man of honour for Christ sakes. He wondered if she knew about this. Was that the reason  she had come?
  "You will wake uo Muniz and tou and I are going to have a chat" Michael said and left the room.

Marisa woke up with a headache. Shr struggled to sit up straight on the bed and she leaned back on the head board.
"How are you feeling?" Marisa was startled. Michael stood across the bed staring at her.
  "I have a slight headache, I'm fine" she lifted the bed covers slightly to see if she was still dressed. Her dress was still on. She felt her bust, her bra was gone. She looked at Michael.
  "You fainted, it's procedure" he said.
"Did you take the dress off to get to..."
  " Did I need to?"
"That is not an answer".
   "No" he answered her. He wanted to confront her but he did not know how.
"Can I.."
  "The doctor was here. He checked up on you and did some basic tests" he started.
"And..?"
  "How long has this been going on?"
" I don't know, a little while. I believe it's work" she replied him. She wanted to go home. Marisa did not want to be alone in the same room with him.
  "Well, the doctor has a different diagnosis" Michael said waiting for her reaction.
"I know I'm anemic" She told him.
   "And you're pregnant".

And you're pregnant.....

It's all in 20.
Lots of love...