Chapter 46

Marisa went to the kitchen an hour after Herbert had left. She made spaghetti and meatballs and debated on whether or not she should call Michael down for dinner. She figured that she was being too nice and ate alone. He had bean mean to her and she had to show him that he had been a jerk. He had came in when she was having ice cream. She took her tub and spoon and walked past him.

"I want to apologize, Marisa" He said.

      "Screw your apology. I never knew my father but at least I am well mannered than a fool who grew up with one,'' She said. Marisa was walking away when she stopped and thought to add something. "You know for a man who is about to be a father you need to get your shit together, Howard. I don't think the kid deserves to be part of the drama you always put on", She said feeling satisfied. 

"I do not put on any drama", Michael said. 

     "You should listen to yourself complain and ordering people around...."

"I know that I have to apologize about what I said but you should also know how to mind your own business. As much as you try to see the good in everyone Marisa, my relationship and my father's is ours to mend and fix. I will deal with it in my own way", Michael said. 
    "I have heard you, I will not meddle" Marisa said. She knew he was right. What had happened between Herbert and Michael was their issue.  It did not also change that he had been rude.

"We have to set that straight", Michael emphasized.

     "Then tell your father that I am not your wife. You have until tomorrow, we have to set that straight", Marisa said and headed out.
Michael had very much tried to run away from that issue. He could not trust Herbert not to go and spill the beans to Mauricio or tell the press. His version would destroy everything. He also knew the charade they were putting on as husband and wife was the only thing keeping her close to him. He feared she would find a strong and confident reason to leave and he was not ready for that. Michael did not even care that she had gotten the last word but rather what her last words were. He would wait and see what happens the next day if he says nothing.

Marisa felt too dizzy to stand for too long when she woke up. She made a struggle to get to the kitchen for breakfast. Her mind felt at ease knowing that she was going to have the days all to herself. Michael would be caught up at work. The doorbell rang and she hesitated before trying to stand up. She stopped trying and sat back down. The ring came again and she heard footsteps.
"Michael is that you?" She called out.

     "Yes I got it", He called back to her relief and annoyance at the same time. It was nine thirty, what was he still doing at home? 
Marisa heard a familiar female voice coming her direction talking to Michael. A wave of strong lavender scent greeted her as a woman she recognized from the day she came back to the mansion walked in behind Michael. She could not remember her name though. She also did not recognize the other woman but she could see why she was there, she was in a nurse's uniform.

"Hello, Mrs. Howard", Rose said with a fake smile. Marisa noticed she was being uneasy.

     "Hello....?" Marisa gave her room to introduce herself.

"Rose, Rose Prichard", Rose said clutching the files she she was holding nervously.

    "Nice to meet you, Rose. I am sure we have met before", Marisa said with a smile. 

"Marisa, this is Wendy Clarke, she will be your nurse aid. Rose, my secretary will be coming and going bringing my files and any paperwork here", Michael said.

    "It is good to know you, Wendy" Marisa said. She was trying her best to keep her composure.

"Likewise, ma'am. If there is nothing else, I will need to check your blood sugar level please", Wendy said pleasantly. She was in her late thirties, Marisa gathered.