Chapter 13

Ned pulled in the restaurant's parking area. He waited in the car for Marisa but she was taking long. He thought he could walk into the restaurant and look for her. He knew her shift had ended thirty minutes ago. He walked in into the restaurant. Ned spotted Michael from a distance and Michael spotted him as well. Ned approached his table and took an empty seat.
  "Mike", he said as he sat down.
"How are you?" Michael greeted his friend.
  " You know, man. The usual", Ned said and shifted his glance at Rose. "Miss Secretary", he teased her.
"Doctor, to whom do we owe the pleasure", Rose said. She wanted to be alone with Michael and she didn't want Ned there at all.
    " Dreams do come true, don't they...hmmm Rose dear?" Ned teased her more. He knew she was crazy about his friend.
"What are you doing here alone?" Michael asked Ned. He knew Ned wouldn't be alone at such a place. He saw his friend smirk.
  "You know, fishing?" Ned said with a smile. He wouldn't tell Michael about Marisa working there. He hoped Michael wouldn't see her there. Ned ran his  gaze around the restaurant looking for Marisa.
"Hmm, no coat today?" Michael teased him. Ned used his white coat to get extra points from ladies.
  "It's in my car. Okay, I'll see you. I've got to go" Ned said standing up. He looked at Rose and smiled. " Christmas comes once a year dear" he told her. It was a clear message.
   Marisa was not in the car when he got to the  parking area. He called her.
  "Marisa... you're home? I thought you...okay. I'll just drop by to check on you",Ned said disappointed. He got into the car and drove to Marisa's apartment.

Marisa was watching Ned and Michael from a distance as they spoke. She knew Ned had went in  looking for her and bumped into Michael. She prayed Ned wouldn't tell them about her. Marisa knew he wouldn't ask because he did not care about her.  She couldn't wait for Ned, she feared he would come out with Michael. Marisa rushed to catch a cab home.
       Marisa opened the door for Ned. She was still up reading a book when he came. Ned walked into the apartment and took a seat on on of the kitchen stools.
  "Coffee?" Marisa offered.
"Yes, sure" Ned agreed to coffee. He wanted to know why she had stood him up. He watched her move to the counter and out the kettle on. She was in her night wear and her hair was loose to her waist. She came and sat across him.
   "I left earlier today, I had a headache" she lied.
" I went in the restaurant looking for you when you took long. I didn't know you'd came home" Ned said.
  " I'm sorry, I should have called you" Marisa said. She stood up and made two cups of coffee for them. Ned wondered if there was  a chance of him getting down with her tonight. She placed his mug in front of him.
  " Thank you, I like my coffee strong" Ned said.
" So do I, it's perfect right?" Marisa asked him. He nodded after taking a sip. Marisa was getting used to Ned. These past two weeks he had been dropping her home he had been on his best behavior. She didn't let him see something was troubleshooting her and she desperately needed a friend.
    " I bumped into Michael in the restaurant this evening," Ned said to her. She fidgeted.
" Oh you did? How is he?" She didn't want to talk about him.
  " You know him, he's okay." Ned replied. She had acted strange when he had mentioned his friend. He wanted to know why.
"That's good".
   "You look nervous, what's wrong?" Ned asked her.
"What? No. I'm just tired" she lied.
   " I know you are still bitter about getting fired by him. It's okay he doesn't care about anyone" Ned was now embarking on his mission. She tore her gaze from her mug to him. So Ned knew what his friend was like.
" Don't worry it doesn't matter" she didn't want to bad mouth Michael with his friend, it wasn't smart. They finished their coffee. Marisa took the mugs to the sink.
She wanted Ned to go home now.
  " Thank you, Marisa" Ned said. He wondered what was next. She walked back from the sink.
" Thanks for the company. I'll get ready for bed, I'm tired. Tomorrow if anything comes up I will let you know", she was dismissing him. Ned received the signal. He was frustrated but he stayed calm. He stood up from the chair and started pacing to the door taking his time.
  " Okay just let me know", he said. Marisa walked him to the door. She stood by it when he had got out. He looked at her when was outside.
" Goodnight, Ned" Marisa said to him. He smiled and spread out his arms for a hug. That was the least he could get after the disappointment. Marisa smiled back and gave him a hug. She pulled away from the hug but Ned brought her in again and kissed her. Everything went in slow motion. So everyone is doing what they want now? What if I want to kiss you..? Marisa thought about Michael. She pulled away from Ned.
  "Ned..."
" I'm sorry. I couldn't.." Ned apologized to her. He had nothing to apologise for, he had done what he wanted to do.
  "Just go home, Ned. We are all tired" Marisa spoke softly.
" I know what I'm doing, Marisa. You're beautiful", Ned said.
  "Please go home" she said.
" Okay, I will go. I just want you to know that it wasn't a mistake, goodnight" Ned said and walked away. Marisa went inside and closed the door. She headed straight to bed. Ned Evans had kissed her. She started hearing little familiar voices in her head.
  What if I want to kiss you? Since we are now doing what we all want here... The voice made her see things she did not want to remember, she covered her face with the blanket.

Michael pushed the door to the mansion open with his back whilst kissing Rose. She took off his jacket as they kissed. Michael took her to the couch where they touched and kissed. Rose kicked off her shoes and got comfortable. Michael heard Marisa's voice in his mind. Michael I've never done this before. He stopped kissing Rose.
  "You need to go home, Rose", Michael said.
"You don't want to do this..."
    "Rose, go home" Michael commanded. He was rejecting her. Rose was hurt. Michael knew she was hurt he had seen many women hurt because of him. He did not care. Rose got up from the couch and wore her shoes. She angrily grabbed her purse and stared at Michael for a moment and gave him a hard slap across the cheek.
" That is with all due respect, sir",  Rose said wiping a tear from her cheek.
  " Shut my door on your way out" he said going up the stairs. He knew he deserved that. He went to his study and found the phone ringing. He answered it, it was Mr Maurisio Alfino.
  Michael went numb with what he said.......

Hit the star bellow to vote and stay tuned for 13....🌺🌺♥️♥️