Chapter 26

Michael saw Marisa walk out of her room. She walked past him to the kitchen. He tried to ignore her but he followed her. She was having some water when he walked in.
"I'm sorry" Michael said. Marisa felt angry. She was not surprised he had said that. She threw the half full glass to the wall. She had never done that but she couldn't do anything to him. Michael didn't flinch at the sound of the glass shattering against the wall.
"Thank you for apologizing" Marisa said bitterly. She wanted to go back to her room but he was standing in the doorway.
"I mean it Muniz, I am sorry. I want to give you time but I can't. I need this project to work and I can't do this on my own. I need your help, please" Michael told her. He was being honest. He couldn't promise to entirely let go of his rough ego but he could try. This woman was carrying his child and she was the key to the success of his project.
"I know you do not like me but at least respect that I'm pregnant with your child. You also know that I am desperate and I have no one else out there but you have to act like you need my help and not like you're taking advantage of my desperation. These eyes; my eyes, are not just blue and beautiful like everyone else thinks but they try to see the good in everyone. I am not stupid for putting up with your steamy ego but I have eyes that choose to see differently and have the courage to live with the devil himself and still wait to see him turn. I also want to live a comfortable life, Michael" Marisa told him.
" I understand. I can't promise to be rational every time but I can try to at least be fair. I will make you as comfortable as you can be and I can guarantee you that. I promise that after you help me and after the baby comes, I will let you go. We can make an arrangement such that we can all be there for the child. I promise to let you live your life. I will let you go, I promise" Michael said sincerely. He was willing to slightly compromise to make everything work out for his project.
"Sounds good to me" Marisa said. She still needed time. She figured she had to tell him because it could take forever for her to fix it on her own.
"Thank you, Marisa" Michael said. He moved from the doorway to let her pass but he realized that she wasn't making an attempt to leave.
"I don't have enough papers, Michael" Marisa said. She knew he would immediately understand what she was saying. Michael realized that it had been along day. He didn't want to stress Marisa by asking her why or how because he knew how those stories were like and he felt sorry for her. He had told her that he was going to make sure she was comfortable. Michael walked to her and enveloped her in his arms.
"Don't worry, I'll fix it. All you have to worry about is being okay for the baby and playing Mrs Howard. I'll take care of the rest, okay?" He softly assured her.
"Thank you" Marisa whispered. She relaxed in his arms. It had been a long day.
"Bed time, blue eyes" Michael said breaking the hug. He saw tears in her eyes when he looked at her. He sighed knowing that he was going to see more of this in the next eight months.

* * *
Marisa wore a black v-neck dress and heeled ankle boots. She put on her coat when they reached the airport. It was a bony cold. They were using Michael's private jet. Marisa arrived before Michael because he had to take care of something at work. She told her driver that she would wait in the car until Michael arrived. That was her excuse to take a nap. She got comfortable and closed her eyes.
Michael arrived at the airport five minutes before five. He woke Marisa up and they went to the jet and they took of at 5pm.
"You look classy" Michael told her.
"Thank you. So how long are were going to be in here?" Marisa asked taking off her coat. She could see Michael was in a good spirit today. Things were finally going his way.
"Thirteen hours. Make sure you're comfortable. It's going to be boring and tiresome" Michael said taking out his laptop. He had decided to work because he figured he was going to waste several work hours sitting idle.
"What do you do for fun?" Marisa asked him when she saw him taking out his laptop.
" I work for fun. I have to work here so if you want to rest there's a bedroom in the..."
"A bedroom? In here?" Marisa was amazed. She kicked her boots off and massaged her feet.
"Yes, so I was saying you..."
" I think you should go there. Look at your eyes. Did you even sleep last night?" Marisa said to him.
"Can I please work?"
"You suggested I go to bed so you'd get rid of me, didn't you?" Marisa asked him.
"Yes. Can you please go now?" Michael said annoyed.
"No, I want you to keep me company. I'm bored" Marisa said. She let her hair down. The ponytail was making her head feel a bit heavier.
"I can't do that now" Michael said focusing on his laptop. He was avoiding staring at her for a long time. She looked more beautiful with her hair down and she would distract him.
" I know, I was just trying to confirm my theory" Marisa said to him. She was trying to create a conversation.
"I know you think I am a workaholic" Michael said. He took his laptop bag and produced a bunch of papers from the bag.
"Because you are. Why can't you switch of you laptop and try to pull a casual conversation" Marisa challenged him.
"Are you saying I'm incapable of pulling a casual conversation?"
"Yes" Marisa replied. She watched him close his laptop and put the papers away.
  "Okay, I can show you around the jet as we talk. There's nothing really special but I decided to have it customized. I wanted the bedroom so I'd rest after a long working trip and a mini bar just to cool off" Michael stood up. He signalled Marisa to follow her. He showed the mini bar. It looked like the one he had at home just that this one was slightly smaller.
"Must've costed you a fortune" Marisa said following him to the bedroom. It was darker and not welcoming in an attractive way.
"It was worth it" Michael said sitting on the bed.
"What was the bedroom really for?" Marisa asked him taking a seat next to him.
"What do you mean?"
"You were planning to work moments ago so I assume you always do that during your flights" Marisa said to him.
"I brought women along with me occasionally and of course, I'd sleep with them but that wasn't why I thought of a bedroom in here" Michael admitted.
"Were any of them your girlfriend or they were just women you had flings with?" Marisa asked him. She really didn't want to know because she was not sure how she'd reply him after.
"Some were and others were not. It just about having fun" Michael said.
"Do you think women find you attractive?"
"Do you find me attractive?" Michael asked her. She was surprisingly confident today but that question seemed difficult for her to answer.
"I find you attractive" She forced the words out.
   "So yes, women find me attractive"Michael said proudly.
"But none of them really want to be with you?"
   "You don't know that" Michael defended.
"I know I don't want to be with you" Marisa said.
  "You mean in my bed or.."
"In your bed?"
   "You have been with me" Michael told her.
"That wasn't.."
  "Wasn't what? You let me have you. You can't deny that" Michael said. He was starting to enjoy the conversation.
"I am done with this conversation" Marisa said shifting her position.
  "No, you're not. I'm pulling a casual conversation. What are you afraid of, Marisa?"
"Things you can do" she truthfully replied.
  "Things I can do or things you can let me do?" he asked her.
"You are saying that I can let you touch me again?"
  "I'm saying you may not be able to stop me if I touch you again" Michael said. She saw her cheeks flash red.
"You're not that attractive" Marisa said in her defense. She was hoping he won't try anything because she knew he was telling the truth.
   "But you still want me" He said with a teasing smile.
"I'm done" Marisa said as she rose from the bed. Michael pulled her to his lap and secured his grip on her arm trying not to hurt her.
  "You're not done" He said looking at her straight in the eyes.
"Don't" Marisa managed to say. She was not trying to get off his lap. His hand on her arm was sending electric impulses around her body. She didn't want him to try anything because she knew that she would let him and he would win. She also wanted him which would feel right if she knew he wanted her too and not just like he had wanted other women he'd been with on that bed.
  "What?" Michael asked not breaking eye contact.
"Don't try anything" Marisa said weakly. Michael waited for three heart beats and on an impulse, he put his hand on the back of her neck and brought her lips on his. He let go of her arm and lifted her slightly so she could sit on his lap facing him as he kissed her. Michael's mind was racing when he felt her respond to the kiss putting her arms around his neck. He didn't know if he should stop or continue and make love to her....