Chapter 2

Marisa stared at him in awe. She could call 911 and tell them she had found him there or he could take him home. She couldn't risk making a statement to the police without enough papers, she'd get deported. Marisa searched  Michael's pockets for his car keys. The car park was swarmed with cars and she wouldn't know which one was his. She found them and pressed the alarm button. A white Rolls Royce flickered it's lights and Marisa let out a heavy sigh. He was heavy, she went back to the bar and asked the bartender for help.
  " How about one drink, you and me then we'll go" Marisa stared at him. He wouldn't stop hitting on her.
" Trevor are you in or what?" Marisa asked him.
    " I'll do it for a smooch. I mean these abs can't lift anything for free" Trevor said and gave a wink.
"Trevor!"
    " Okay okay let's go" he threw the paper towel he was holding on the counter top. " But I tell you if Crissy shows up I'm going to nail you to the cross" he added. Crissy appeared from the storeroom. He was a heavy man with dingy teeth and a balding head.
" What are you up to Latino, skipping work again?" He horsed.
   " No, sir it's just that my grandma...
" Okay let's do this, I fire you and you go and be with granny full time" Crissy said fishing a handful of sunflower seeds from his pocket. He wolfed them down.
   "No Mr Crissy but I just really need to go and.."
" Go! See if you come back tomorrow. Trevor go back to the counter and start brewing."
   " It's alright Mr Crissy, I will take the chance" Marisa said taking off her apron. She stormed out.
Now what do I do with you Michael Howard? You're too heavy for me.
She tried to wake him up. He was subconscious and pretty drunk.
" Mr Howard, I need you to help me okay. You need to get no your feet, okay?" Marisa said. She helped him to his feet and she took his hand over her shoulder. She struggled to the car as Michael hung on her shoulder and moved on wobbly feet.
Marisa had been a taxi driver once but the bluebird she had driven was nothing compared to this car. She  secured Michael with a seat belt. Confusion flushed over her when a small screen lit up as soon as she had put the keys on the ignition.
You've got to be kidding me. I don't don't even know how to drive this thing. Now wrecking this car would be much easier than breaking a vase.
Marisa gathered she had to use the GPS on the screen. She drove to Michael Howard's mansion at the speed of a T car.

She walked into the mansion. There was high vaulted ceiling which hung there with it's chandelier that had tiny cascade-like diamonds. The dark porcelain floor were neatly polished and it took her breath away. She realized she had been standing there with a drunk and subconscious Michael supported by her weak shoulder.
" Hello?" She wondered if he lived alone.
A woman who appeared to be in her life ate fifties appeared from one of the rooms.
" Oh my, what happened to him?" She asked as she rushed to assist Marisa. The woman looked sick to Marisa. She was frail and thin. She was tempted to ask the last time she had eaten anything.
   " He got beat up in some bar" Marisa answered her. They took him to his room.
"Why didn't you call the ambulance?"
   " Ah my phone's dead so I couldn't" she heard the lie slip out. She would do five rosaries for that later.
" Are you his friend?" The woman asked. Marisa could tell that she thought more.
   "No I'm his employee, Marisa" she stretched her hand for a shake. The lady stretched out her hand. Marisa feared breaking her knuckles. "I'm Flora, the housekeeper."
Marisa was silent for a moment as she watched her preparing to dress Michael's wounds. She did not want Michael to wake up and find her there there.
" Look, I really have to go it's getting late."
  " I was making dinner and.."
" No, I'm fine thanks. I will miss a cab home."
   " Thank you for bringing him home" Flora said. She showed Marisa the exit and she left.

*.              *.         *.           *.         *.

Flora took a cup of coffee to Michael's room. He sat on his bed  staring at the ceiling.
" You're awake. I made you some coffee" she said placing the mug on a small table on the bed side.
   " Thank you, Flora." He really was confused. How had he got home? " I bet my car is a wreck, if I am the one who came here driving it"
" Some girl brought you here. If she hadn't mentioned she was your employee I woud have thought she was..."
    " Some girl? With my car?" Michael raised a brow.
"Yes. Her name is Marisa" Flora told him. She handed him his coffee mug.
  "Marisa...?" The name didn't ring a bell. He guessed she must be part of the informal staff.
" Beautiful, dark hair and large blue eyes...?" Flora gave him a clue.
    "The vase breaker," Michael breathed. What had she been doing at that bar. Had she been following me? " Did she tell you anything ?"
"Just that you got beat up in a bar and she found laying unconscious"
   " She didn't ask for anything in return like money?"
"No dear. She even turned down dinner. Pretty unusual right?"
   Flora mentioned something about giving Michael time to rest and she left his room but he wasn't listening.
I think she is a hooker and an opportunist. What will a Howard Telecom employee be doing at such a bar and at the same time her beaten up boss is at? Unless if she is the one who got me beat up.
" Marisa, expected an early morning invitation to my office tommorow" he said to himself as he took a sip from his mug.
No one messes with Michael Howard.