Chapter 10

Marisa had arrived around one o'clock after midnight. She put on some music and went for a bath. Marisa finished bathing and went on to brush her still wet hair. She was getting into bed when she heard a muffled knock on the door. Michael Howard. She got out of bed and reluctantly opened the door. Michael brushed past her walking in and went straight to switch off the music.
  "Some off us are working" he said. He noticed that although her robe was tied securely, she had nothing beneath it. He watched her silently slide into bed. She didn't want to argue, he noticed. He hated that kind of defeat. Marisa said nothing as she fixed her blanket. She avoided looking at Michael. He was still wearing his charcoal grey trousers, his shirt was half done and his tie was loosened.
  "I will warn you for the last time not to try me, Muniz", Michael said. Marisa looked at him. She saw that he was about to say something again and she decided to trash the no drama attitude.
    "May I sleep now?" She remarked sounding annoyed.
Michael smirked, he had been offended.
"I'm not done".
     "Well, you should be done by now" Marisa said. She felt her anger stir.
" You don't get to talk to me like that, Marisa" Michael told her.
  " You always push everyone around like we're your toys. I helped you hours ago and you made me walk two miles back here in the night. You're an ungrateful man, that's what you are" Marisa said getting out of her blankets. She walked to him.
"There is a separating sheet between us. People like you and me do not mix Muniz, they don't. That is why you are like toys", Michael said bluntly. She was going to pay for standing up to him.
    " Oh really, that's why you people are never happy. No one actually wants to be around you" Marisa said. She was now face to face with him.
"And you are a gold digging bitch!" Michael told her. He had said what he actually thought. Those were his thoughts from the beginning. Michael felt a sharp slap across his chick. Marisa had slapped him! He knew he had pushed her too far. He wondered how further he could push her not that he tolerated the action of slapping him. Michael was going to slow her down in his own way.
" You don't know me!"Marisa said firmly.  Michael smirked, he knew her confidence was going to be short lived.
" So I am I wrong that you're a bitch?" Marisa was going to slap him when he caught her hand in mid air.
  " Let go!"
"Don't you dare do that again. Ever! You know better, Muniz" Michael told her. He saw that she was uncomfortable with how he he gripped her hand. She looked nervous.
  "Let me go, Mi...Mr Howard", Marisa stammered. He was not hurting her but she felt uncomfortable. Michael wondered why she'd feel nervous just by a loose hand grip. If she was what he'd always thought of her she'd be relaxed.
  "Why are you acting all nervous? Why did you got me?" He asked her digging his gaze right into her. She looked away
"Because I felt like it", Marisa said. She heard Michael sigh.
  " So we are now doing what we want here?"
"If you want to you can", Marisa replied him. She was still not facing him. She just wanted him to let her go.
Michael did not like the way she was answering him. He knew he'd slow her down and put her in her place.
   "I always do what I want when I feel like it Muniz, just don't put me to test" Michael said.
"Just do what you want to do. I'm not scared of you", Marisa said. She was really scared of him.
"I want to kiss you" Michael said.    Marisa flushed red and looked down.
" Let me go", she whispered defenselessly.
   "Why would I do that. I want to kiss you. We are doing the what we want here, aren't we?"
"That is not what I meant" Marisa replied him. Michael could see her face had turned crimson red even if she was facing down.
   "That is how I understood" Michael was enjoying this. He new her rebellion would be short lived.
" Well I meant...." Michael pulled her to him and kissed her and she resisted. She pulled away from the kiss. Her legs felt numb. Michael knew she'd never try him again after that and he wanted to let her go because he had made his point but he pulled her in again and kissed her. This time her resistance was short lived. She was slowly giving in. Michael intended to let her go after the kiss but he didn't. He went on. He felt her warm hands clutch his shirt from the back and he deepened the kiss.
Marisa wanted to stop him but she couldn't, she really didn't want to. She felt her bath robe slip to the floor and she didn't dare to open her eyes. She remembered her first kiss, it had been with Cuthbert. He served the vicar in church. Marisa's grandma had told her she had sinned unto the Lord and she had to go to the priest and confess. Marisa had went to church and did her rosary but she didn't confess, she felt embarrassed. Now there she was doing something she felt was so wrong and dangerous. She wondered how many rosaries she'd do for this.
  "Michael.... I've never done this before" Marisa whispered. Michael heard her. So this meant that she was.... . He had been wrong about her. How could she let him if he was going to be her first. Michael knew he was the guy normal parents wouldn't let near their daughters. He also knew he was ruining Marisa's life but he did not stop or reply.
     Michael watched Marisa sleep as he left the bed. He had helped her in making the worst mistake in her life and he felt guilty. He hated her for letting her do that. Michael decided to leave earlier for work. He knew the drama that came always came after.

Marisa woke up around 7 am. Michael was gone. She was then hit by what she had done. What had she done?! She dragged herself to the mirror and as soon as she laid eyes in her reflection, she broke down. Marisa wept until she couldn't. She went and took a shower. She decided to go downstairs for water. Marisa opened her bedroom to go out and found Michael standing in front of her. He wasn't the man from last night anymore. He was the man she'd first laid eyes on and she knew this wasn't good.
   "We need to talk, Muniz" he said.

Special thanks to riamania 🌺for voting constantly and supporting my work.

Stay tuned..🌸