Cry: Part 1 || Monsta X

Jooheon is having a hard time. Changkyun's girlfriend of two years had broken up with him two weeks ago. You're probably wondering how this affects Jooheon, right? Well, let me elaborate.
    Jooheon is in love with Changkyun, so naturally, he worries about the younger. Right now, he was especially worried. Changkyun hadn't cried, screamed, or expressed his emotions about the breakup at all. He's acting like he's fine, and Jooheon knows he isn't. He's been there to listen to Changkyun gush about how much he loved her, how happy he made her. He was there no matter how much it hurt him to be.
    Jooheon was planning on getting Changkyun alone, talking to him about what's going on. The younger had convinced all of their other friends that he was fine, but Jooheon, having known him the longest, knew better. He knew better because Changkyun is always hiding his negative emotions, not wanting to worry anyone or be a burden. Changkyun had told Jooheon this when his dog died, Jooheon stating that he could never be a burden and he would only worry more if he does that.
    For a while, Changkyun had let his. emotions show unfiltered around Jooheon, but those days came to an end around the time his girlfriend showed up. Jooheon suspected he molded himself to fit her type. Guys who are "manly" and "strong". She wasn't a great person, and Changkyun's friends often wondered how she ended up with a guy like him. They wondered how and why he stayed with her when most of what she had to say was negative. "She means well," the youngest would say, somehow justifying anything she did.
    The things she'd say were to Changkyun and Changkyun only. She would criticize his clothes, hair, shoes, or appearance in general. The way he ate, the way he sat, the way he sang. She always had something to say about anything he did.
    Jooheon couldn't understand it, but as the saying goes; "We accept the love we think we deserve."

    Changkyun was in an even worse condition. He was very sad about the breakup, wanting nothing more than to curl up with his best friend and cry. Because of the little voice in the back of his head, telling him he shouldn't waste Jooheon's time, telling him he's too needy, he simply couldn't. So he put on a face, wearing it even when he was alone in hopes of making it real.
    And then there was the little space problem.
    Changkyun hadn't slipped since the breakup, due to the event that took place. His ex had broken up with him because of the little space. He hadn't slipped because he didn't want to, because of her hurtful words, and because he needed to be strong. He didn't want to be a burden anymore.
    That’s why he even stopped slipping around his friends.
    None of his friends knew why they broke up, and Changkyun wanted it to stay that way. He didn't need his little self spilling everything.

    "Changkyun!" Minhyuk called in a sing-song tone. The group was trying to convince their youngest to slip, trying everything they could think of. This caused Hyungwon to slip along with Kihyun. "Don't you wanna play?" Changkyun shook his head, not once looking up from his phone screen. He didn't want to slip, the voices in his head consuming all reason. To add on, he didn't like slipping without Jooheon, his caregiver, around.
    Jooheon was at work, knowing all about the plan and trying to get off early. "You can go now, Jooheon!" he heard his manager call from the back. "Thank you! See you Wednesday!" Jooheon called back as he rushed to get his apron off.
    The whole drive to Changkyun's apartment was in silence. Jooheon was trying to think of ways to get Changkyun to slip without forcing him to. Because of things that happened in Changkyun's past, he has trust issues. His friends do everything in their power not to lose that trust that he's put in them. If nothing worked, they would try another day.
    When Jooheon knocked on the door, he heard Hyunwoo call out "Don't run!" He held on to what little hope he had that Changkyun had slipped, waiting for someone to open the door. When the door opened, Jooheon tried not to look disappointed to see Kihyun and Hyungwon standing there alone. "Where's Changkyunnie?" he asked Kihyun, closing and locking the door behind himself.
    "Kyunnie's in the living room!" Kihyun replied. "Hyuckie's tryna get him little!" Hyungwon added, hugging the Jooheon before going back to where the two were drawing. Kihyun hugged the caregiver, quickly following the taller. Jooheon hung up his bag, making his way into the living room.
    Hyunwoo was sitting with the littles who'd slipped, making sure they stayed out of trouble. Minhyuk had convinced Changkyun to put down his phone, now trying to persuade the little with stuffies. "Don't you wanna play with Mr. Bear?" Minhyuk was holding up Changkyun's favorite stuffie, making it wave at him. Changkyun was gazing longingly at the toy, shaking his head slowly.
    "Kyunnie," Jooheon called, gaining the other's attention. Changkyun was trying his hardest not to slip, the caregiver could tell by his uncomfortable expression. "If you don't wanna slip, we aren't gonna force you to." Changkyun watched Jooheon walk over and sit down next to him, tears coming to his eyes. Jooheon gently wrapped his arms around his best friend and little.
    The little looked like he wanted to say something, an unknown force stopping him. "It's okay to cry, pumpkin. That doesn't mean you aren't strong, it means you're stronger than most in my opinion. What's stopping you from slipping? From crying?" Jooheon asked, running the tips of his fingers up and down Changkyun's back.
    "I don't know..." Changkyun's voice was unstable, shaking while he spoke. "You do know, I can tell. Why don't you tell me what's wrong, hm? You know you can tell any of us," the caregiver said. His tone was calm, quiet, and gentle, bringing Changkyun closer and closer to slipping. "I'm not okay..."
    He spilled everything, despite not being little.