💖Left Out💖 || Stray Kids

Request by @whenteeshastansbts hope you enjoy!

    It's always been Hyunjin and Jeongin.
    Caregiver Hyunjin and his little, Jeongin.
    But then, Hyunjin started seeing someone. It wasn't as if he was neglecting Jeongin, or that Jeongin didn't like Seungmin. The little, in fact, loved Seungmin. The other had moved in with them some time into his relationship with Hyunjin, eventually taking the label as Jeongin's second caregiver. The problem was, Jeongin felt left out.
    Don't be mistaken, neither Hyunjin nor Seungmin meant for the little to feel that way. They have their suspicions but don't quite know the full extent of it. Jeongin had deemed it selfish for him to be feeling that way when his caregivers were happy. The two hardly even went out without him. Even when they do, they make sure he has everything he needs, and they're ready to rush home in the blink of an eye.
    The reason Jeongin feels left out is that the couple may occasionally cuddle without him, or go on date nights, or give each other pecks on the cheeks. Jeongin wanted that. He wanted to go on special nights out, and cuddle, and get random kisses.
    But if his caregivers are happy, then so is he.

    "Innie, bun, can you come here for a minute?" Hyunjin called from the living room. Jeongin put down his toys, leaving his room and making his way to his caregiver. Hyunjin was sitting on the couch, on the phone with someone. "I'm gonna talk to him now... Okay... Bye, love you!" the caregiver said, tapping his phone and throwing it to the side. Jeongin guessed it was Seungmin, or maybe one of their friends. He walked over to Hyunjin, sitting down next to him on the couch.
    "Hey there, bun! What've you been up to?" Hyunjin asked his little, who gave a small smile. "I been playin' with stuffies," Jeongin replied. Hyunjin hummed, pursing his lips. "Bun, I have something serious to talk about with you..." Jeongin grew fearful and, seeing the slightly scared look in his little's eyes, Hyunjin smiled gently. "It's nothing bad."
    A weight was lifted off Jeongin's shoulders at that, the little tilting his head. "What we gotta talk 'bout?" he asked. Hyunjin patted his lap, waiting for Jeongin to get situated before wrapping his arms around him. "Now, I want you to tell me the truth and only the truth, okay?" the caregiver said while holding out his pinky.
    Jeongin laced his pinky with Hyunjin's, moving their hands so that their thumbs were pressed together. "Okay... Now, I'm gonna ask a very important question. Are you upset that I'm dating Seungmin? Does our being together make you sad?" he paused and Jeongin frowned. He thought he was hiding it well. "Do you not like Seungmin?"
    "No..."
    "Bun you promised, I need the truth. I can tell something's bothering you," Hyunjin said, watching Jeongin's eyes wander. "Innie, look at me. I'm not gonna get mad. What's up?" Jeongin took a breath before looking Hyunjin in the eyes. "I not sad... I not upset too, I love Minnie! I not not like him... I jus'..."
    Hyunjin was patient, eyes never leaving his little's. "Take your time, bun." Jeongin''s breathing had turned shaky. "I jus' feel left out sometimes. I know you not leavin' me out, bu' I can't help it!" he said, tearing up. "I wanna go on special night outs, wanna cuddle and get kisses and hold hands! Bu' I can't say that!"
    Jeongin was getting worked up, his breathing becoming odd. "Innie, we're gonna talk about this. But first, I need you to take a big breath for me. Big breath, okay? Let it out slowly." Jeongin nodded quickly, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly while Hyunjin did the same. "That's it... Another big breath in." They breathed in. "And out slowly."
    The caregiver had his little do this a couple more times before smiling gently. "You did great, bun. Now, are you ready to keep talking? Do you need a minute?" Jeongin shook his head. "Use your words, Innie," Hyunjin lightly reminded. He started running his hands up and down Jeongin's back, something that soothed the little. "I not need a minute... We can talk."
    Hyunjin nodded and asked, "Why couldn't you tell us these things?" Jeongin searched his caregiver's eyes for a moment before replying. "I don' know... I try and jus' can't," he said. "I think, "Bad Innie! You not make your caregivers sad 'cause you selfish!" An' the thought always win!"
    Hyunjin was calm with his words. "So... You feel left out sometimes? And you couldn't tell us because of the thoughts in your head saying it'd be selfish?" Jeongin nodded, putting a hand to his mouth to chew on his nails. Hyunjin reached up and gently pulled Jeongin's hand away from his mouth, grabbing the other one as well. Tracing circles onto the backs of his little's hands, Hyunjin smiled.
    "What a brave bun I have! You told me all those things despite the thoughts! I'm really proud of you," Hyunjin praised. Jeongin smiled slightly, leaning forward to rest his head on his caregiver's chest. "From now on, I want you to tell me and Seungmin all of these things, okay? It's not selfish of you to feel the way you do. When you want extra cuddles, a special night out, to hold hands, hugs, or kisses, you tell us."
    Hyunjin placed his chin on the top of Jeongin's head, humming. The front door opened and closed, Seungmin calling out, "I'm home!" Hyunjin stopped his humming. "Do you want me to tell Seungmin what you told me? Or do you want to?" Jeongin took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I gonna tell Minnie."

    Once Jeongin finished telling Seungmin exactly what he told Hyunjin, he felt like crying. "It's okay, Innie. I'm not upset with you! You were very brave to tell me that, and I'm so so proud of you!" Jeongin smiled again from where he was laid against Hyunjin. "Thank you, Minnie and Jinnie..." Seungmin smiled brightly, running a hand through his little's hair. "You are so very welcome bun," Seungmin said, Hyunjin chiming in with, "You're welcome."
    For the rest of the night, and for many more to come, Jeongin didn't hide these feelings from his caregivers. Whenever he wanted a little extra love, he got it. Whenever he wanted a special night out, it was planned. Whatever Hyunjin and Seungmin's bun wanted, within reason, he got.