💖Faking It💖 || Stray Kids

A request by taewithkookiw enjoyy

    "Chan... I don't feel good," Felix said. Chan turned around from where he was making breakfast, placing a hand on his hip. "Let me see," he said, touching Felix's forehead with the back of his hand. "You aren't feverish... Are you really feeling sick? Or is this just another fake-out?" the leader asked.
    See, Felix sometimes fakes being sick so he can stay home and not go to practice. Chan always checks his temperature and makes sure he's not actually sick before he lets him stay home for no reason. The others usually give in a lot faster, resulting in Felix staying home when he isn't sick. The little, yes, little, hardly ever goes to Chan when he's faking, knowing he can't get away with it with him.
    "I'm really feeling sick, Chan..."
    Chan didn't know what to do. He didn't want Felix going to practice sick, but he couldn't tell if he was faking it. He thought for a second while he checked the food. "What feels bad?" he asked. More questions would get him to the bottom of this. "Everything aches," Felix said, setting off an alarm in Chan's head. "Lix, we just had dance practice yesterday... I'd be surprised if your body didn't hurt."
    "I mean, it hurts more than usual... And I feel like I might throw up." Felix added. Chan sighed, more confused than he was before. "I don't think I can talk our manager into letting you out of practice... Just do your best, okay? You can rest once we get home," the caregiver explained, turning back to the food. Felix pouted, wanting to add that he felt like slipping but not wanting to sound like he was faking.
    He wasn't.
    Felix really does hurt all over and feels like throwing up. "Okay, I'll try..." he said, leaving the kitchen. He had no idea how he was going to do as he said, though. By the time he finished packing his things for dance practice, he felt even worse.

    "Lix, you good? You look a bit rough!" Jisung said once the group was in their van. "I'm good," Felix lied. "I'm just a little tired is all." Jisung nodded in understanding. The older turned, striking up a conversation with Changbin. Felix closed his eyes and tried to sleep a bit as to hopefully rid himself of some of that icky feeling.
    "Lix, wake up! We're here!"
    It felt as if Felix had closed his eyes for about half a millisecond before Jeongin woke him up. "Time to go!" he heard the younger shout from outside the van. "I'm coming," Felix called back, making his way out of the vehicle. When he got outside, the Aussie boy stretched and groaned. "Did you not get any sleep last night?" Felix put a smile on and shook his head. "I'm just. a bit tired is all."
     Once everyone was in the practice room, had stretched and warmed up, it was time to start. Felix tried his best to follow the dance moves he had practiced many times before but with every jump, twist, or swing of the arm, his icky feeling grew worse. As he started to feel very warm, the little began to slip.
    Felix felt horrible.
    "Alright! Five-minute break, then we're going over some old songs for a refresher!" Felix walked over to his bag, putting his back against the wall and slowly sliding down it. "Please, not right now..." The little fought the urge to slip, a battle he wasn't winning. All it took was another couple of minutes and he was in little space. "Lix, you okay? You've been sitting with your head on your knees for, like, five minutes."
    Looking up, Felix caught sight of Chan standing in front of him, looking concerned. The little frowned, refusing to look Chan in the eyes. "Lixie?" Chan called quietly, crouching in front of him, noticing the signs. Felix sighed shakily, tears coming to his eyes. He simply felt horrible. "Are you small, Lixie?" The little nodded hesitantly, looking back at Chan.
    The older sighed, not feeling too great about himself. He'd thought that Felix had been faking but now, seeing as he'd slipped, he knew he wasn't. "Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna call the manager and get him to let us go home, okay? Just the two of us, the others have to practice. Will you tell Minho what's going on while I do that? He'll tell everyone else," Chan explained gently.
    Felix nodded, sniffling quietly and getting up with Chan's help. His legs felt like jelly. "Minho! Come here for a minute, please!" Chan called across the room. Minho made his way over, Chan speaking to him for a second before leaving the practice room. "What's up, Lix?" Felix took a shaky breath before attempting to explain.
    "I not feeling good, an' I small now... Channie callin' the manager so we can go home..." Minho nodded. "All of us? Or just you two?" Felix thought back to what Chan had told him, repeating the words to Minho. "Okay, thanks for telling me. I'll tell the others, you sit here and wait for Chan, okay?"

    The ride back to the dorm was quiet, Felix falling asleep on Chan's shoulder almost as soon as they got in the van. "We're here," the driver said. Chan gently shook Felix awake, the two getting out of the van and into the dorm. "Alright, Lixie. After you take some medicine, I'm gonna put you down for a little nap, okay? After that, we can watch TV and wait for the others to get home." Felix nodded, too tired and icky feeling to complain about the nap.
    "Here it is," Chan said, coming into the living room with a couple of pills and some water. "This should help with your sickness a bit. If it doesn't and you don't get better, we're going to the doctor's office." He left no room to argue, handing his little the pills and water. Felix took the pills without a fight, wanting nothing more than to not be feeling icky.
    Chan laid down with Felix for his nap, cuddling the sick boy in hopes of making him feel a little better. "Sweet dreams, Lixie..." the caregiver said, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Night night, Channie..."