💖Past💖 || Day6

⚠TW VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE⚠
Requested by JedenPark hope I did this justice

    Sungjin quietly closed and locked the bathroom door behind him, leaning against it and sliding down to the floor. The little curled in on himself, trying his hardest not to cry. Jaywhypee had called him in and yelled at him for nothing, his manager just sitting and watching, causing Sungjin to remember a lot of things he'd rather forget. Memories of his past, of the reasons he's a little in the first place.
    With shaking hands, Sungjin covered his ears, hoping it would make the thoughts quieter. No matter how tight he pressed his hands against his ears, the thoughts only grew louder. Pulling out his phone to text someone to come to the bathroom, the little was distracted by Twitter notifications. He clicked on it.
    After reading only a couple of the comments, Sungjin really wished he had ignored the notification. For some reason, the only comments Sungjin could find about himself were hate-filled. Some criticized his looks, others putting down his voice. Most of the comments, however, were about his leadership skills and how bad he was at being the leader.
    Suddenly, all Sungjin could remember were horrible memories from his past. Memories of his parents, his classmates, and the awful things they did to him.

    "Worthless!" Mr. Park raised his arm, bringing the back of his hand down hard across Sungjin's face. So hard the teenager stumbled and fell to the ground. "Get out of my sight!" Sungjin stood up as fast as he could, limping away quickly. Tears threatened to fall, but he held them back. If he cried, he got beat.
    If he didn't make dinner, he got beat. If he didn't clean the house, make straight As, wash the clothes, cover his injuries, or answer how his parents wanted, he got beat. So, as soon as he'd cleaned his open wounds and made sure there was no blood anywhere, Sungjin got started on dinner. As soon as he'd gotten home that day, he'd felt it in the air.

    Sungjin had made an 88 on a quiz.
    It seemed as if his parents looked for any tiny reason to beat him. His mom usually stood and watched. His dad was stronger than her, but she was meaner. She used things. If she was in a bad enough mood, she used anything she could get her hands on to cause Sungjin harm. There was no one he could go to.

    When he got to school the next day, he was dragged behind the bleachers and beaten by his classmates. They called him names, spewing hateful words at him the entire time. It didn't matter when his jacket came off in the struggle and they saw the already existing bruises. It didn't matter when he didn't get up off the ground. It only mattered when he coughed up blood.

    There was no one he could go to.

    Sungjin rocked back and forth, trying his best to push away the memory to no avail. "Stop, stop, stop!" he said, gradually getting louder with each word until he was screaming, the frantic knocks on the bathroom door unheard. He couldn't hear anything over his own screams and thoughts. "Help! Help me!"
    On the other side of the door, Brian had just gotten back with the key to it. Once the door was unlocked, Dowoon pushed it open. Sungjin screamed even louder, stuck in his head and thinking he was in danger. With his eyes shut tightly, he started flailing his arms and kicking his legs in an attempt to fight off someone who wasn't there.
    Quickly, Jae got down on Sungjin's level, not touching the boy. His parents and bullies often held him down so touching him when he was like this was not a good idea. "Sungjin!" he called over the terrified screams. "Sungjin, you're safe! They aren't here! You're safe!" Sungjin's eyes snapped open, darting around the room and settling on his bandmates.
    Falling into headspace, Sungjin started sobbing loudly. The little crawled over to Jae, wrapping his arms around him and clutching his shirt. "You're okay... You're safe, they can't get you here..." Dowoon came into the bathroom holding Sungjin's oldest and most favorite stuffie, Wonpil right behind him with the little's blanket.

    After spending some time on the bathroom floor calming down, Sungjin's caregivers were finally able to move him to the living room. The little was now cuddled up on the couch with Wonpil and Brian while Dowoon and Jae made him some hot chocolate.
    Sungjin kept looking around the room then toward the front door, eyes searching the clock every now and then. It was ingrained in his head, his parents' schedule, and the house had to be clean before four-thirty. Suddenly, Sungjin got up from where he was sitting and went to get the broom.
    "Sungjin, baby, what're you doing?" Wonpil asked. Sungjin frowned, starting to sweep the floor before replying. "I has to clean..." Something clicked in Wonpil and Brian's heads. Wonpil whispered something to Brian, who got up and went to the kitchen. "Let us help," Wonpil said to Sungjin. The little's eyes widened, his motions slowly stopping.
    "You gonna help Jinnie?"
    Wonpil smiled as Brian came back into the living room with Jae and Dowoon. "We all will. We'll clean the house from top to bottom!" Sungjin nodded, smiling a small smile. "Thank you..." Brian walked over, ruffling Sungjin's hair before bending over to pick up a stray toy. "Anytime, Jinnie."
    The group spent the rest of the day cleaning the house until Sungjin was satisfied. It didn't matter how tired they got, how much their bodies would ache the next day. It didn't even matter that there was hardly anything to clean in the first place. All that mattered was that Sungjin felt safe and loved.
    And he did.