✹twelve✹

Viserys' hand was clasped tightly in Rhaegar's larger one as the two of them, along with Tyrion who was toddling next to the crown prince, made their way to Jaime's chambers. Rhena had already been woken hours ago, since she had far more things to do than Jaime.

When the three of them rounded the corner into the large wing that was solely for the Lannisters, they could make out the sound of Lord Tywin nagging his son again. Rhaeger chuckled at Jaime's grumbled response and pulled his brother forward, entering the lion's rooms.

Jaime stood on a glorified stool of gold and bronze as his father, servants and maids circled and pinned different things to his cloak and sewed on last minute embroidery. Rhaeger had heard from one of the seamstresses that Rhena's dress would be made out of the same fabric of Jaime's robes. Silver and gold.

Tyrion giggled at his brother's discomfort and gained the attention of most in the room. Jaime sent a warm glance to his little brother and smiled at the princes'. "Finally, you've come to save me." He joked as he stepped down. The Lannister cloak swished around his ankles in a deep red with glittering gold thread. "Good to see you all, nice to know I'll have more company than my father this morning." Rhaegar chuckled and embraced the man who was soon to be his brother. Jaime flinched and a few of the maids drew in sharp breaths. When Rhaegar pulled back suddenly Jaime laughed and pointed to his fancy attire.

"Pins." He explained, shortly after being swarmed by seamstress to see if their work had been compromised.

Tyrion and Viserys had lost interest in their brother's and had picked up two wooden swords that had been laid across Jaime's table, picking up from one of their previous battles. Their shouts of joy carried through the Lannister chambers and many of the maids cooed at the young prince, though sent disgusted glances at the imp.

Rhaegar caught the scent of lavender and wrinkled his nose. "You smell like Rhena my friend." He jested with a bright smile.

Jaime rolled his eyes and laughed. "You're lucky that they were conveniently out of orange abstract when you were married." Jaime sent the prince a pointed look but Rhaegar only shrugged.

"Someone must have used all of it up." He said lamely. They both knew that The two laughed but were interrupted by Lord Tywin.

"Jaime get back up there, they have a lot of work to do." the lord commanded. Jaime rolled his eyes, trying to be discreet, but flinched when Tywin growled out, 'I saw that.'

"And even if I didn't see it, I could feel it." He insisted. Jaime sighed and stepped up again. Rhaegar made conversation and watched their younger brothers as Jaime was fixed and within an hour, they were already to get to the Sept.

The four of them sat in a carriage. Tyrion by Rhaegar and Viserys by Jaime. The morning had gone swiftly without any mishaps and Jaime was all the happier for it. Rhaegar was bent over Tyrion as he helped him fix a part of his elaborate and expensive clothing.

"Ser Jaime?" Viserys asked in a small yet proper voice. Jaime raised his eyebrows in question and looked down at the small prince. "Since you are wedding my Rhena, what does that make all of us?"

Rhaegar had stopped his fussing over Tyrion and he shared a grin with Jaime. "Well small one," Jaime said, making Viserys giggle. "We shall all be brothers. Every single one of us here." Viserys' grin grew and he looked to Tyrion. Jaime was glad that the royal family did not see his brother as a monster. Queen Rhaella and Rhena adored him and Rhaegar and Viserys loved him as a brother already. All that was left was the king who really barely paid any attention to his own children.

"Do you know what brothers do, Viserys?" Jaime asked. Viserys shook his head but glanced at his blood brother in question. "They protect each other, and they never let any harm come to their families or loved ones. We shall all be brothers by the night's end and we shall promise to protect each other till the end of our days." The four of them shared a look that was almost as special as the bond that they now shared by Jaime's words.