✹two✹

Rhena sat out on her balcony and allowed herself to relax her posture for the first time that day. The paper was sealed with his house symbol and Rhena ran her fingers over the small lion with a fond smile. Wanting to delay no longer, she peeled the wax away and emptied the contents. A golden necklace fell out, but she took more notice to the words that Jaime had written just for her eyes.

ReRe

I heard that you are in need of an escort. Allow me to arrive at your very nice door at around 7, after the feast so that I can accompany you to the ball. I found this necklace in my mother's jewelry box and father allowed me to gift it to you for your birthday. Happy birthday by the way. I am certain that it will look lovely on you as it did my mother.

-J

Rhena smiled at the messy handwriting and tucked the letter into a box, one which held many others of the same manner, like invitations to dine with him and his brother and for strolls in the garden, there was even one where he offered to spar with her. Rhena held up the delicate necklace and smiled again. It was something that belonged to Joanna, the lady lion who had been like a second mother to Rhena at times before she had died.

It was simple enough just as she liked things and before she knew what she was doing, she was crying while holding it close, remembering all that Lady Lannister had done for her and how kind she had been. The necklace was soon around her neck and her tears subsided. It was nearly three passed noon and she couldn't wait for the ball and all the things that came with it.

Upon her father's command, she wore another red dress with gold interwoven into it to show wealth

Upon her father's command, she wore another red dress with gold interwoven into it to show wealth. Her brother had wanted a black and white engagement party, but her father had argued that they needed to assert their house further with their colors. As if the people attending didn't already know who was ruling.

She had gotten her mother to switch out the black heels that she would have been forced to wear into soft silk slip ones which eased the ache of climbing the steps earlier that day

She had gotten her mother to switch out the black heels that she would have been forced to wear into soft silk slip ones which eased the ache of climbing the steps earlier that day. Tyla, Rhena's lady in waiting pulled her hair up into a small half twist which looked just the right amount of messy and just the right amount of neat. The rest of the gathered hair cascaded down her back in soft ringlets. Her dress fit perfectly, as the royal family had the best tailors and seamstress, and the Lannister necklace hung around her neck. To those who were far away, the necklace would just look like a golden circle. Tyla however, was up close to pin her hair and lace up her dress, and she eyed the princess questionably. Rhena ignored her looks and continued to prepare for the ball.