✹forty three✹

╣however small they may seem now the dragons will grow╠

"Viscera." Rhena hummed in approval as she held her niece to the light. "Yes you will make a fighter that all will fear to oppose, greater than even Aegon himself." The babe slept soundly, not giving a thought to mind of the words that her queen and lady aunt were bestowing upon her.

The whole of their house, along with Ned, Callan, and Missandi were crowded in Rhena's tent. All of them wished to see their new blood and hear of Daenerys' tales.

"When can I start teaching her the ways of the blade?" Rhena asked after passing the small thing to Missandi. Viscera squirmed in the arms of a new woman, but quickly settled.

Aryen scoffed. "Give her time to walk and talk first mother."

"Oh nonsense," Rhena said, smiling fondly at both of her sons. "Both of your hands knew the feel of a dagger's hilt when you were not yet one year grown."

"She looks nothing like Drogo." Tyros commented, stroking his cousin's feather soft head. Missandi angled Viscera towards him.

"Would you like to hold her?" Tyros snatched back his hand as if he had been burnt and struggled to find an answer.

"I'm not so good at this as others are." He tried to stand, but Missandi's gentle hand caught his arm.

It was the first time she had initiated any sort of contact between them. "Just try, you may not be half as bad as you think." Tyros' eyes darted from her hand where it still rested on his arm, and the baby which she held with ease.

Conversation swelled around them, but there seemed to be a bubble of silence around the three. Tyros nodded slowly and lowered himself beside Missandi, closer than he had been before. Close enough that the entirety of her arm brushed against his.

Tyros looked up, worried that the rest of the room was watching them like a hawk, as if they could see his every thought painted clearly across his eyes. But they were immersed in their own conversations. The only sly look he was warranted was from his twin who quickly hid his smile behind a goblet of mead when he caught his brother watching.

"Here," Missandi said, trying to situate his arms while balancing Viscera at the same time. "You need to rest her head on your arm, and the rest of her," She paused, laying the new princess in her cousin's arms. "Can be held as you please."

Tyros felt his heart stutter when Viscera opened her mouth, worried that a shattering cry would follow. But she only yawned before snuggling closer to his chest. He breathed out a laugh and turned to Missandi to find her smiling softly. "I've never held a baby before." He admitted quietly.

Missandi's eyes warmed. "You're doing an acceptable job Prince Tyros." One look from him was all it took for her to shake her head and correct her mistake. "Tyros." A warm smile crossed his lips, only ever present when his name passed her tounge. Their eyes met and for a moment, the world fell away into silence.