✹twenty seven✹

╣yer jalan atthirari anni╠

Rhena was running out of food. As easy as it was in Westeros' lush forests to find roots and plants to eat, it was far more difficult in the Dothraki sea. All that was available to her was the mint which she could find in the soil.

At least tracking a horde of Dothraki was far easier than tracking food. Their numbers were huge if the tracks and broken brush were a correct indicator. It took Rhena two months to realize that the horde was making its way to Vaes Dothrak and two more for her to catch up to them.

She caught sight of the city just as the sun was rising. The sky was painted pink and red as if the gods had spilled blood across it. Rhena dismounted from her horse and strapped her sword to its side, remembering that the Dothraki were not keen to weapons in their sacred city.

As she made her way to the stone gate, Rhena could see two men wrapped in light leathers and furs and one with light skin much like her own with a Westerosi styled sword at his hip in between them. The three guards moved forwards as she approached and drew their swords halfway.

Rhena knew a bit of broken Dothraki but she knew that wouldn't help her when trying to explain that she was the sister of their khaleesi. She hoped for the best and bowed shallowly.

"Hello." She called out with a gentle smile that she used with her boys. Oh gods. Her sons. Rhena hoped beyond hope that they were taken with the horde. She hoped that they weren't left behind in Pentos on their own.

"Why are you here?" The middle man asked, hand resting on the pommel of his sword. "What brings you to Vaes Dothrak?"

Rhena took a deep breath before standing from her bend. Hopefully the Dothraki were loyal enough to her sister to recognize violet eyes and simple similarities that the two of them shared. "I am Daenerys Targaryen's sister. Rhena is what they call me. Targaryen and Lannister both."

The man's eyes lit up in recognition and he signaled for the Dothraki to lower their swords. "What are your sons' names?"

Rhena smiled fondly. "Aryen and Tyros named for their Targaryen and Lannister heritage." The man nodded and stepped from the gate which protected the sacred city.

"Come with me princess." He held out his arm in welcome. "The Khaleesi has been awaiting your arrival." Rhena's shoulders slumped in exhaustion and relief and she led her horse through the gates. "There is a celebration taking place now for her and Khal Drogo. They are expecting a son." Rhena's steps faltered and she gripped the leather of the reins in a fury. Daenerys was only just shy of fourteen and now here she was, playing to Viserys' tune of revenge with a child on the way. Though being in Westeros wouldn't be much different for she would still be subjected to the cow sale which was marriage.