✹thirty two✹

╣tell me where the girl is╠

Arya had never been one for pleasantries. She loved the sword and swore to herself that she would try her hardest to be anything other than her perfect sister. So she found it very hard to stand in the presence of Tywin Lannister while she served wine to him and his advisers as they plotted against her brother.

Hard as it was to remember her courtesies and how to speak properly after months spent with robbers and rapists, it was quite amusing to see the lords and generals bicker amongst themselves as Tywin tried to hold in his disapproval.

Over the past few months, Arya had learned a great many things about the old lion. She knew when to give him his medicine so he would not ache in the night, and she knew at what points in the war meetings that he preferred water to wine. It was strange for her to learn that this fabled invisible man was only a man like any other.

Arya stood next to him now, having finished her duties for the day. "Do you need anything else my lord?" she asked politely as a good lady should

"No, go back to your blacksmith, I'm sure he is in more need of your company than I." He hardly looked up from the letter he was writing to address her, but before either could even think to move, Petyr Baelish walked through the door unannounced .

The slim man paused as his gaze slid from Tywin to Arya. The girl felt a stab of fear when he smirked slightly before turning back to the angered lord before him.

"I do hope you have a good reason for barging in here Lord Baelish." The man said unimpressed. Arya finally found her legs and shakily walked to the table where she had left the wine pitcher. She willed her body to stop shaking and managed to pour the ruby liquid without spilling anything.

When she turned around, Baelish had advanced further to Lord Tywin and gave a short bow. "Just so Lord Tywin." His voice was sickeningly sweet and it made Arya want to gouge his eyes out. Tywin raised an eyebrow and watched the slim man before him carefully. This was another thing that Arya had learned about the lord. He used silence to his advantage, and once he saw a single twitch of the nerves, he would lean back and pretend all was well.

"Very well. Pray this is worth my time." He looked tired, far too tired to be having a long conversation with the cunning Littlefinger, but the Lannister never let down his guard.

Littlefinger dipped into a shallow bow and lowered himself ceremonially into a dank wooden chair. Arya approached him slowly with the chalice of wine in her hand. How she wished to poison it. She had heard of how the man had promised help to her father, only to help in securing his arrest for the Queen.

Baelish accepted the cup from her and she faded back into the shadows where she could listen without being a bother. Arya knelt down and acted as if she were dusting and organizing the books on a shelf.