✹fifteen✹

Rhena spent the day with Elia. They walked through the many gardens of the Red Keep and spoke of many things. The two of them had since made peace over their disagreement over Cersei and had become better friends for it.

The newlywed princess was overjoyed when she found that her good sister had so quickly become with child. The thought of a niece or nephew running through the halls along with her own possible children sent a smile to her lips and a flutter to her heart.

Though Rhena was overjoyed with her marriage, it seemed that any and every comment to her was of Jaime. How dashing he was and how lucky she was and how beautiful their children would be.

Rhena knew all of this already. She did not need the snuffling ladies to tell her that her husband was handsome and she did not need them to tell her that her future children would be beautiful. She knew these things.

The only people who really understood that were Elia, Tywin, Rhaegar and further Jaime himself. Tyrion and Viserys were too young to have a filter but their comments more endeared her than annoyed.

"You've always looked good in red, though the gold suits you." Elia commented. Rhena's arm was looped in her sister's and Elia stroked the expensive fabric. Another one of Joanna's dresses that Tywin had saved. Cersei owned most but there was a collection that Tywin had saved for her, so sure that Rhena would wed Jaime.

Unlike the armored dress that she had worn to Elia's wedding, the one that Rhena was donning for the day was light as a feather and pooled around her curves in waves of silk and satin. The bodice and skirt were a deep red and the flowing sleeves were lined with golden thread and ribbon. Rhena's hair was styled up into soft curls and was pulled back slightly.

The younger princess hummed softly and looked down. "It is a lovely color isn't it?" Just as they rounded the corner, so did Queen Rhaella. The Targaryen queen had a smile on her face and the joy erased any sign of age and sadness.

"Oh just the two I was looking for." She said, gathering them into a hug. "I would have sent a maid but I couldn't wait that long." The Queen grabbed both of their hands and pulled them into a nearby hallway which led to their rooms. "Come quickly." she urged.

Rhena and Elia shared a confused look but smiled and followed the joyus mother. When they arrived at the doors of the Sky Suite, Elia paused and pulled herself away.

The Sky Suite were the rooms of the current queen, thus named by the open sky garden that made up one of the balconies and the detailed painting of the sky done during the reign of Maegor Targaryen and his six wives. Rhaena Targaryen, Rhena's namesake, had been his last wife, and had wanted something completely for herself. She dedicated a section of rooms to the reigning queen and painted the sky, leaving her mark on the palace.

Rhena remembered coming into the room as a child and studying the work of one of her great grandmother's. She was there so often that she had spotted shapes in the clouds. The two most prominent shapes being a puffy face and a crown. Rhena often wondered who the face was modeled after. Perhaps a brother, her husband, or a secret lover who she had wanted to share the space with. Her name was signed in a corner next to the large windows, forever leaving her mark.

Rhaella noticed and smiled. "Dear girl, you are welcome here. These shall be your rooms someday, better to be acquainted to them now." Rhena realised that Elia had yet to enter the Queen's Suite. It seemed so natural to enter the doors from Rhena's view, she had spent half of her life in those rooms, singing with her mother and playing with her brothers.

Rhaella's hand was still outstretched to Elia and the young princess took it hesitantly. The Queen offered her a dazzling smile and opened the door. Rhena's mother lead the both of them to a sitting area outside and shut the glass doors behind them.

"I do not believe that Varys can hear us in the rooms but there's always a chance. No one but the queen and her guests are allowed in this suite." She told them. And even then, the three of them sat on the very edge of the balcony so that the garden's lemon and plum trees covered the entryway.

King's Landing was spread open below them, so far below that the houses and buildings looked like dots and lines. Rhena looked up and felt the urge to touch the clouds, so close they seemed reachable.

"Now that we are all family and the only women in said family, I have an announcement." Rhena took her mother's hand as her excitement grew. Not often was her mother this excited and the possible causes were endless. "I'm pregnant again."

It was becoming increasingly hard for the queen to carry a child past the month mark. Four times she had miscarried since Viserys' birth who had been a miracle himself. Rhaella didn't ever announce her pregnancies until the third month passed, and even then, she only told family until a bump appeared.

There was always a sort of unbearable pain that Rhena felt each time a sibling was lost, and she wasn't even the mother losing it. Once her mother had carried the baby to full term, only to find that the poor thing had already been dead in the womb. It was a boy with small hands and the smallest bit of silver tufts on his head.

Aerys had been furious to lose a boy. At the time, he needed to secure his reign further and with no heir to the seat of Dragonstone, he was left with little options. It was only with the birth of Viserys that he had calmed, and her mother's screams were silenced for a time. But only for a time, and then his hunger returned and his son no longer appeased his temper.

This news however, brought a bright smile to Rhena's face and a laugh that bubbled out of her belly. Nothing could be more exciting than the prospect of a new sibling. Though the odds were against the Queen and her chances of carrying the child to the full, Rhena held hope that there would be small feet once again padding their way down the halls. She held hope for that little girl or boy who she already loved with her whole heart.

Rhena kissed her mother's cheeks and hands and hugged her fiercely. Elia did the same with a smile and the three of them were left in happy silence.

"I suppose it's my turn now isn't it?" Rhena asked jokingly. She knew that these things took time, but she couldn't help but feel the small spark of jealousy over the fact that Rheagar and Elia were only married for a month before their announcement came out. Now two month had passed from her own wedding, and two moonbloods had ensued.

Rhena could tell that Lord Tywin was beginning to become impatient. The fate of his own house rested on her and Jaime's shoulders. If she would bear no heir then the lordship would pass from Jaime to Tyrion and Tywin would never allow that. After Tyrion was Lancle, a boy of seven years who couldn't even hold a training sword.

"Don't you worry sweetling." Rhaella assured, gripping her daughter's hand in a vice. "You are a Targaryen and you shall bring great pride to ours and the Lannister's house, I have no doubt in my mind." Rhena glanced lovingly at the two women next to her and returned her focus to the kingdom below.

"I do hope so, mother. I do hope."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hey everyone! Here's another chapter. What will happen to the beautiful Queen Rhaella? Thank you all for the votes and comments make my day, stay safe, stay healthy, stay charming, stay lovely lovelies!