✹twenty one✹

╣ i will say what is and what is not possible ╠

Harenhall was situated just right on the map so that the warmth of the south wasn't stifling and the cold of the north wasn't bitter. Rhena wore heavy silks and light furs most days mostly because of the chills which would find their way into the old ruined castle, but there were some days where the heat would travel up from the ocean and the sun would beat down upon the occupants of the tourney.

Today was one of those days. Rhena dressed in the lightest dress she had brought, a bright purple silk thing which matched her eyes to a pin. Jaime had smiled the moment she slid it over her slip and declared that she was beautiful. Rhena didn't understand why until he was armored up and leaving. She looked in a long mirror before she followed and spotted her bump, showing proud against the light fabric. Jaime took her hand in his gently and placed a soft kiss upon her knuckles, then bent down and spread another across her abdomen. Rhena shook her head and led him out of the room, excited for the day to come.

Ned had lost the day before but had yet to untie the favor which Rhena suspected Cersei gifted to him. Brandon, Lyanna and Benjen teased him relentlessly but he brushed off their comments with ease, too lost in his mind to care all too much. Rhaegar was set to joust the next day and he was who Rhena was most excited to see. Along with Jaime, of course, who would joust against Barristan Selmy in just a few hours. Ser Barristan was one of Rhena's favorites of the King's Guard and she wouldn't even mind if he unseated Jaime just to see him go up against Rhaegar. Though watching Jaime go against her brother would be enjoyable as well. She supposed that either outcome would turn out to be entertaining.

The halls on their way to break fast were empty, though the strum of a harp flitted around against the stone. "Rhaegar seems to be up to his old tricks again." Jaime said with a grin. It was no secret amongst the Seven Kingdoms that Rhaegar was an exceptional singer and harp player. In fact, Rhena's first memory which she could recall from her childhood was of her and Rhaegar wrapped in furs before a fire as he sang to her. It had been the last winter she remembered. But even the years of summer and heat had not dulled his skills and he often entertained the court with his voice.

Rhena nodded absentmindedly as her ears strained to catch the notes being strung together by her brother. From what she could tell from so far away, it was one of the more tragic tunes, one of Viserys and Rhaenys' favorites. Rhaegar was not singing but Rhena could recall the lyrics from memory. It told of a woman who longed to be a statue if only to be admired as her peers were. Until the gods granted her her wish and she was trapped forever in stone. Songs told stories and in stories are lessons. That was something Rhaella always had told her children.

"Common, it's almost over." Jaime said. "I want to see how many lords shed a tear at the dragon's tune."

But when they finally came upon the hall, it was only Lady Lyanna Stark who had tears running down her porcelain face. Rhena moved silently along the wall as she observed the scene, a concerned crease in her brow and a frown upon her face. No one but Lyanna was showing any sign of movement though Brandon and Benjen were staring at her wide eyed with laughter barely contained in their bellies. Ned was conveniently absent, as was Cersei, Rhena noted. Elia sat at Rhaegar's side, softly rocking Aegon in her arms with a gentle smile upon her lips. Rhaenys was nowhere to be seen and Rhena guessed that the small thing was with her septa so as to not disturb the guests.