Chapter 2: The Sun and the Moon Curse

Percy woke up screaming and thrashing in her bed. Nightmares took over the demigod and once she woke from them, she didn't want to go back to sleep.

She quickly got up and took a shower to get rid of the sweat that coated her skin from the dream. After getting changed, she decided to go on a run. She needed to stay in good shape.

Leaving her house, she spotted the doppelgänger standing with a man outside the Salvatore Boarding House. Percy crossed the street and jogged over to the pair.

"Hey, what's going on?" The raven haired girl asked.

Elena shook her head and raised a finger to her lips in a 'quiet' motion. "Not here," she said under her breath.

Percy's eyebrows furrowed slightly. Elijah turned to the demigod with a small smile. "Hello, Persephone."

Percy smiled back, "Hi, Elijah."

The two got along well. Elijah knew Percy was a demigod and he always treated her with upmost respect.

Elena led them to the car, so the group could leave the Salvatore residence.

Once they were far enough from the house, Elena pulled over. Elijah was drinking from a blood bag.

Elena examined Elijah, "You look better."

"Elijah always looks good." The raven haired beauty pointed out from the backseat.

The corner of the original's mouth went up at the comment. He turned his body to face Percy, causing Percy to move her closed hand out towards him.

Elijah gently fist bumped her fist after realizing what she was trying to do. The girl was probably the only person the vampire would even consider doing such a thing with. Percy grinned at the thought. She just fist bumped an original.

Turning back to Elena, his face hardened again. "Where did you get the dagger?"

Elena responded, "I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word."

"Your ability to make demands has long passed."

Percy nodded a bit. They did dagger him.

Elena defended her actions, "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?" The original questioned.

The doppelgänger replied, "The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

The conversation was interrupted by a phone buzzing. The doe eyed girl answered the device.

Stefan's voice could be heard on the other side. "Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," Elena assured her boyfriend. The Salvatore asked another question, "Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here." The doppelgänger answered.

Percy could easily hear the whole conversation. The volume on her phone was up high.

"Where? I'm on my way."

Elena refused. "No, Stefan. Elijah and I need some time alone."

What a great thing to say to the person you're dating.

"Listen to me, he can't be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus." The younger Salvatore reasoned.

Elena locked eyes with the original next to her. "Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."