Chapter 35: Body Switch

✦✧✦

The raven haired beauty walked up the staircase. She couldn't form any coherent thoughts.

Percy mindlessly entered the bathroom. She turned the shower on, and removed the pieces of clothing from her body.

The sea green eyed girl felt the water trickle down her back. She sighed deeply.

The water brought her a temporary feeling of bliss. It didn't last long though, when her thoughts poured out.

He's dead.

She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing.

What if I can bring him back? What if there's a way to bring him back?

What if he's not really dead?

What if I'm just dreaming?

Dozens of 'what if's' clouded her mind.

She tried to keep her focus on scrubbing off the blood. The red liquid stained her skin.

Percy used a wash cloth to scrub at her skin continuously.

No matter how many times she washed her skin, it didn't feel good enough.

She didn't feel like she did good enough.

When the water eventually turned cold, she ended her shower.

The demigod wrapped a towel around herself and walked into her bedroom.

She put on a pair of pajama shorts and a blue sweatshirt.

Percy collapsed on her bed. She felt utterly exhausted, but her mind still ran through thoughts of him.

When the daughter of the sea awoke, she felt as though she hadn't gotten any sleep.

Lying underneath blankets in her bed brought her no comfort.

Percy closed her eyes.

I should bring him to his siblings.

The demigod threw the blankets off of her and somehow made her way down the steps.

She felt like she couldn't function. Her mind was clouded.

Percy slipped on a pair of white trainers and walked out of her house. Locking the door behind her, she stepped toward the car.

The raven haired beauty pulled her phone out of her pocket. She saw she had several missed calls from Tyler.

Why would Tyler call me?

The demigod opened the door of the vehicle. Suddenly, her head was smacked against the side of the car.

She spun around to fight back, but felt a slight pinch in her neck. A large syringe was being pushed into the side of it.

Percy quickly threw the guy holding the needle into the car. Several more people pointed guns at her.

What the fudge?

Suddenly, she was knocked unconscious. Her vision went black.

➳➳➳