Chapter 49: Smile Face

Percy and Klaus stood outside the apartment building.

The demigod had picked up a few small items from her house before they left.

Klaus was holding his duffel bag and a bouquet of flowers for Percy's mother.

She led them to the front door of the building and they walked in.

When they made it to the floor of the apartment and found the door, Percy glanced at Klaus. "You ready?" She spoke with a small smile.

He nodded in response. Then his eyes widened as if remembering something. "Wait. What's your stepdad's name again?"

"Blofis," the sea green eyed girl responded. "Why?"

He looked back at the door. "I guess you'll just have to see, love."

She playfully rolled her eyes. The demigod inserted her key into the lock and unlocked the door. Pushing the door open, the pair was immediately greeted by an excited puppy.

Percy set the items she had in her hands down, to greet the dog. "Hi, Rudy!"

She moved past the doorway and kneeled down to pet him. The raven haired beauty looked back at the hybrid, who was still standing outside the doorway.

Oops.

"You can come in," Percy said with a grin.

He stepped into the apartment.

Rudy's tail wagged happily as he walked up to Klaus. The original set his duffel bag down to pet him with his free hand.

"Hello," Paul spoke from the other side of the room. He began walking towards them.

Rudy wandered back over to the demigod. She continued petting the adorable puppy.

Percy sent a small smile to her stepdad.

I hope this doesn't get awkward.

She had already informed Paul and her mom that she was bringing someone back with her.

Klaus stepped toward Paul and held out his hand. "I'm Klaus. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Blofis."

Percy wanted to laugh.

That's why he wanted to know.

Paul smiled and shook his hand with a strong grip. "You can call me Paul."

That's a good sign! I think.

The daughter of the sea continued running her fingers through Rudy's fur.

Cutie.

⇀⇀⇀

Percy and Klaus sat on the couch in the living room of the apartment. The demigod was holding Estelle in her arms.

Rudy was laying next to the hybrid on the couch.

"Hi, cutie." The raven haired beauty spoke to the baby.

Estelle replied with a smile, "Hi, Pewcy."

"Can you say Nikkie?"

The two-year-old got a little shy and looked away slightly.

Percy sent her a smile. "Nikkie."

Estelle brought her gaze to the hybrid.

Her cute baby eyes stared at him.