Chapter 34: Numb

⇠⇠

The next morning, Klaus, Percy, Rebekah, and Annabeth were gathered in the living room.

Percy hugged the daughter of Athena. "I'll miss you, Wise Girl."

"I'll miss you too, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth returned the hug, before pulling away.

Rebekah wrapped her arms around Annabeth. "You better call me."

Annabeth smiled widely at the original. "Of course I will."

The blonde demigod looked into the vampire's eyes. "I'll visit again soon."

Rebekah smiled. "Good."

The two hugged one last time. Annabeth pulled away and picked up her bag. "Bye."

A small chorus of byes from the others in the room followed in response.

⇀⇀

Percy sat on the couch at her own house, scrolling on her phone.

Alaric's contact appeared on the screen.

Why is Alaric calling me?

She answered the phone and brought it to her ear. "Hi?"

"Listen closely, I'm at the school. I have Caroline. And if you want to keep her alive, you need to get into your car and come down here right away."

Percy's eyebrows furrowed. "Dude, what are talking about?"

"Get to the school, or Caroline dies." The call ended as he hung up the phone.

The raven haired beauty usually didn't do what she was told to do. But, she decided to go to the school anyways.

I thought graduating meant I didn't have to go back everyday.

Percy laced up her converse and walked out of the house.

Time to save Caroline.

⇿⇿⇿⇿

The sea green eyed girl arrived at the high school.

She walked down the hallway, in the direction of the history teacher's classroom.

She saw Elena walk into the room ahead of her.

Percy ran when she heard Caroline scream in pain. She entered the room, to see Caroline sitting at a desk. Pencils stabbed through her hands into the desk in front of her.

"Ah, the half blood has finally arrived."

The daughter of the sea glanced at the hunter. "Give me Caroline, and you won't have to see what I'm capable of."

Alaric chuckled darkly. "You're too weak. You associate yourself with vampires, which makes you just as bad as them." He approached the demigod.

Wrong move.

She punched him. Hard. He flew back into the chalkboard behind him.