Chapter 17: Roommates

After Caroline gave the group's phone numbers to Percy again, the demigod received a text from Damon. The text informed her of the location of Klaus and Elena after they left the gym.

Before the hybrid left the gym, he did compel Stefan not to hurt Elena or either of the two students in the gym. He also compelled the two students to forget what occurred and leave.

Once Klaus figured out whose blood was given to Tyler, he grabbed the doppelgänger and used his vampire speed to bring her to the hospital.

The demigod left the school and ran to the location Damon sent her.

•••

When she arrived at the hospital, she saw two people near a car. She jogged closer to see Rebekah sitting on the hood of the car and Klaus standing next to her.

The demigod arrived next to them to hear Rebekah ask her brother, "How did you know?"

"Persephone figured it out."

The sea green eyed girl commented from behind him, "Yeah, I did."

The two siblings glanced at her. Rebekah pat the spot next to her, inviting the demigod to join.

Percy rolled her eyes but sat down anyways.

The hybrid looked at her sadly, his eyes regarding her longingly.

The demigod, however, refused to look at him.

He kept his eyes on her. When she felt his strong gaze, Percy turned to look at him with an agitated expression. He eventually tore his eyes from her face.

Klaus cleared his throat, and continued talking, "Besides, you know how much the original witch hated me, do you honestly think I would have done anything but the opposite of what she says?"

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you." Rebekah commented.

She sounds really petty.

"Well, it makes sense when you think about it from her perspective. It was her failsafe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..."

Rebekah finished her brother's statement. "Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species."

Klaus spoke again, "Leaving me alone for all time."

He's just someone who doesn't want to be alone. Her brain seemed to tell her.

Percy shook her head, dismissing her thoughts. He's still an asshole.

"Is that what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids. You just don't want to be alone?" Rebekah questioned.

The hybrid locked eyes with Percy, causing the demigod to see the pain swirling in them. His eyes looked watery and broken.

He tore his eyes away from her and returned his attention back to his sister, his demeanor becoming more guarded. "What I want is to take my girl, take my hybrid, the hell out of this one pony town."