Chapter 27: Hand Kisses

After the atypical Mikaelson reunion, Klaus gently grabbed the demigod's hand and led her out the back door of the house.

He used his vampire speed to bring them to the woods.

The hybrid didn't want his family listening in to the conversation.

"What do you think about it?" Klaus questioned her. His voice was a bit quiet, from the stress of seeing his mother again.

The sea green eyed girl spoke, "About your mom?"

The original nodded.

Percy paused as she tried to choose her words carefully. She didn't want to offend him with her distrust of the witch. Instead of responding, she hesitantly asked, "How do you feel about what she said?"

"I don't feel like I can trust her. After all I did kill her." He looked out into the distance, his mind swirling with doubt.

The demigod nodded. "Yeah, I didn't get the impression that she was telling the truth." She spoke softly and bit her lip.

Klaus returned his gaze to her. He seemed to pick up on her demeanor. "I value your thoughts and opinions, love. You don't have to hold back."

Percy held his gaze. "It's still your mother."

The hybrid grabbed her hand again. Suddenly, the raven haired beauty was aware of how close they were standing. He looked deep into her eyes and whispered, "Tell me."

"I just have this really strong feeling that she wants to hurt you. It was like all of my instincts were screaming danger and-" She paused as she remembered the words the original witch said to her. Percy shook her head. "I can't stop thinking about what she said to me."

The original nodded. He moved their intertwined hands up and gently kissed the back of her hand.

It was silent for a few moments, although it wasn't awkward. The only sounds that could be heard was the occasional movement of squirrels or the sounds of tree branches blowing in the soft breeze.

Klaus kept his gaze on the ground. "My siblings hate me."

The demigod copied his previous action and raised their intertwined hands to her lips. She softly kissed the back of his hand.

"Maybe, they just need some time." Percy whispered.

He looked back up into her eyes. She felt like a lifeline, a breath of fresh air. It was like the rest of the world faded away when he looked into her eyes. The sea green abyss drew him in, the shades of the calm waters that seemed to swim in her irises brought him a sense of peace.

Gazing into her eyes made him forget about his problems, even if only briefly. She was like a drug. And he couldn't help but get addicted.

"It'll be okay." The comforting words left her lips like a warm hug.

And the hybrid found himself believing her.

Because as long as he had her, those words would be true.

•••••