Chapter 23: Exploring

Percy walked in the direction of her house. She planned on walking through the woods behind it. The demigod still harbored some anger after her encounter with Damon.

The sea green eyed girl was pulled out of her thoughts when someone behind her called her name. "Percy."

She immediately recognized the voice and chose not to turn around. A second later, Klaus was walking beside her. "Hello, love."

Percy continued walking, not even sparring him a glance.

He sped right in front of her, stopping her from moving closer to the woods. "Why are you ignoring me, love?"

"Get out of my way." She mumbled as she stepped around him.

Once again he appeared in front of her. "Are you upset with me?"

"I'm a bit upset with several people." She looked at him expectantly. "Now, move."

He stayed in his spot. "Not until you talk to me."

Percy rolled her eyes.

The hybrid sighed. "Don't tell me this is about the little car bump incident."

"He's an innocent kid. Jeremy's only sixteen." The raven haired beauty stated.

Klaus relented with a smirk, "Okay, love. Next time I'll have my hybrid attack one of the other members."

Percy tried to stop a chuckle from falling from her lips. The corner of her mouth drew upwards slightly.

She shook her head, the expression not leaving her features. "You're not funny."

"The little smile you're adorning says otherwise." His smirk widened.

She pressed her lips into a straight line.

The demigod began walking again, stepping closer to the labyrinth of trees. Her arms were crossed as she made her way toward the forest.

Klaus walked beside her. "You said you were upset with multiple people, love." He said in an attempt to get her to open up. The hybrid sported a devilish smirk.

"I happen to be annoyed with Damon and Elena at the moment." The demigod kept her eyes on the trees.

Klaus's smirk simply widened even further. "And why is that, love?"

She huffed. "That's none of your concern. But, I feel like stabbing something right now."

The original chuckled. "Hmm. I have a bit of experience with those feelings."

Percy smiled a bit. "Yeah. I'm sure you do. And I'm sure you also have experience with ripping out people's hearts."

Klaus raised an eyebrow. "What would that have to do with it?"

"I almost tore Damon's out of his chest." She said nonchalantly.

The hybrid paused his steps and lightly grabbed her arm. He was surprised by her words. "He must have really upset you."

Percy walked past him again and entered the woods. Klaus sped up to walk next to her.

"You haven't tried to rip my heart out, love." The hybrid pointed out smugly.

The raven haired beauty didn't look back at him. "Yet." She said teasingly.

He grinned at her and stepped closer to her. His dimples appeared on his cheeks.

"You just don't want to admit that you don't want to rip my heart out. You like me too much." The arrogance in voice was almost overwhelming.