Chapter 18: Mason

⇀➳⇀

Percy woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. Groaning, she answered it and brought it to her ear. "What do you want?" She asked in a cranky and tired tone. Klaus thought it was adorable.

"Hello, love." She immediately recognized the familiar voice.

"Nikkie?" Percy rubbed her eyes in an attempt to get rid of the sleepiness.

The hybrid chuckled. "Yes."

"Why'd you call me so early?" She asked.

Klaus shook his head. "It's 12:00 in the afternoon, love."

"Exactly." The demigod replied.

"Did I actually wake you up?" He sounded incredibly amused.

"Yes."

The hybrid spoke, "My apologies, love."

"Yeah, you should be sorry. Meanie."

Klaus laughed at her words.

Percy added, "And I still think you're an asshole."

He grinned. "I thought my title changed to being a jerk."

"That too."

The original chuckled. "I'm honored to be called such lovely names. How are you doing?"

Percy opened her eyes as her fingers drew shapes on the blankets. "I'm good. I'm out of high school and I have a housemate now."

"Who's living with you?" He asked in a concerned type of way.

Percy retorted, "Rebekah. Apparently her brother left her behind."

Klaus sighed. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah. She joined the cheer squad and she's enjoying high school. But, she was upset about you leaving." The sea green eyed girl informed him.

Klaus was silent for a moment. So, Percy changed the topic. "So, how have you been?"

The blue eyed original replied, "I've created a few more hybrids." Percy could practically hear his smile.

"Congrats, dude."

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you just call me 'dude?'"

"Yup."

"I prefer 'jerk'." The hybrid stated.

Percy shrugged. "Too bad."

Klaus sighed. "I have a feeling you might still be upset with me."

"What gave you that idea?" The demigod questioned mockingly.

The corners of the hybrid's lips quirked up. "Well, I'm incredibly smart."

"Hm. Still an asshole." Percy commented.

Klaus spoke, "Wow, I could have a whole book dedicated to how many times you've called me that within the last few days."

"It would be a good book," she replied.

The jerk sighed. "You know, I did apologize, love. Does that mean anything?"

The sea green eyed being shrugged. "Apologizing doesn't always make things better."

Softly, he replied, "I want to make things better."

Percy felt like her heartstrings pulled.

Klaus added, "Or at least I want to make things better with you. If I'm being honest, I couldn't care less about what your friends in Mystic Falls think of me."