Chapter 54: Highs and Lows

❦❦❦

Klaus and Percy arrived back at her family's apartment in New York City.

Upon entry into the apartment, an excited puppy greeted them.

"Hi, Rudy!" The demigod exclaimed happily, just as excited to see the dog as he was to see them.

The dog barked happily as his tail wagged. Percy ran her fingers through his fur. Kneeling down in front of him, she lightly scratched the fur behind his ears. "Who's a good boy?" She asked in a high pitched voice.

Rudy's tail wagged faster, as though assuring her that he was a good boy.

"You're such a cute doggie," Percy cooed.

He let out another small bark.

Klaus had taken a step forward into the apartment, which caught Rudy's attention. The dog walked towards his other owner happily.

Without meaning to, the hybrid smiled. He softly pet the dog's head.

Rudy's tail wagged happily.

He's so precious.

⇠ ⇠ ⇠ ⇠ ⇠

After greeting Rudy, the trio wandered out to the kitchen, where they heard music.

They stood in the doorway and watched the scene in front of them. Plates containing tall piles of freshly baked cookies lined the counters. Estelle sat in her booster seat, a cute smile on her face as she played with the cheerios in her dish.

In the middle of the room, Sally and Paul were badly dancing, each with smiles on their faces.

Percy's lips quirked up. After watching them dance goofily for a few seconds, the demigod spoke with an amused smile. "We're back."

"Hi, honey!" Her mom greeted, not stopping her dancing. Paul gently took her hand to twirl her in a circle. As she spun, she waved at the hybrid. "And hi, Nik!"

Their dancing was mildly slow, but it was cute.

The corner's of Klaus' lips rose, "Hello."

Percy wandered over to Estelle who had finished her cheerios in her booster seat. "Can we steal Estelle for a little while?"

"Sure, sweetie." Sally responded, her smile not fading.

The sea green eyed girl picked up her little sister. Percy grinned at Estelle, "Hi Estelle."

"Hi, Pewcy!" The two year old replied happily.

Cutie.

Wandering back over to where Klaus and Rudy were standing in the doorway, the raven haired beauty lead them out of the room.

➳➳➳

The demigod and hybrid had decided to go on a walk with Rudy and Estelle. Percy was holding Rudy's leash, and Klaus held Estelle.

They had wandered up to a small playground.

Their steps had paused as Rudy peed. The sea green eyed girl brought her gaze back to Estelle who was in the hybrid's arms.

"She's such a cute baby." Percy commented as she looked at her sister.

Klaus nodded. "She is," he admitted softly.

A kid from the playground cheered as he moved up high in his swing. The sound brought the demigod's attention to the playground. She wished that she had a swing or a slide at her house. "I kinda want one."