Chapter 39: Trapped

⇀❦➳❦⇀

Percy and Kol walked down the street, heading to Elena's house. It was late an night.

Rudy was walking beside them.

The demigod was on his phone, playing different songs for him. The duo were trying to find what type of music he liked.

She played many different genres, and attempted to get him into modern music.

"Selena Gomez isn't so bad." He commented.

Percy laughed.

Suddenly, the sea green eyed girl was struck with a brilliant idea. She grinned as she searched up 'villain playlist,' on youtube.

The daughter of the sea clicked on one of the videos.

Kol grinned after hearing the music. "This is the best one I've heard yet."

Percy proudly smiled and handed him back his phone.

Suddenly, he received a call. Answering it, Kol spoke, "Jeremy Gilbert. Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate."

The raven haired beauty asked him to put the device on speaker phone. He did, and held the phone between them.

Kol spoke into the phone again, "Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?"

Elena's voice responded, "Actually, it's Elena Gilbert."

Kol's demeanor immediately changed to disappointment. "What a treat." He said in a monotone voice.

Percy looked over at him. "Her real name is Elizabeth."

The corner of Kol's mouth went up in amusement. "Got it."

Elena made a sound of annoyance, before replying, "I need to talk to you...in person. I want to call a truce, in the name of Silas."

Kol stopped walking. "You want to talk about Silas?"

"I'll meet you wherever you want. I'll come to you."

The pair had arrived at the Gilbert house. "How about I come to you?"

Percy started loudly playing Darth Vader's theme on her phone.

Kol smiled at her, as he continued speaking into the phone. "If you want a truce, open the door and invite me in."

When the door didn't automatically open, he spoke again. "I'm waiting. Let me in, and let's talk truce."

"Yeah, Élodie, open the door." Percy added.

Rudy barked in agreement.

Elena responded, "Wouldn't it be kind of stupid to invite you in?"

"On the contrary, I can't kill your brother with my own two hands or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways. And I heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to kill him either. So, I think it's fair to say you're semi-safe, for now."

Jeremy whispered to his sister, "I'm the only one who can invite him inside."

"He's right. Obviously."

The sea green eyed girl lowered the volume to the music, and Elena opened the door.

Kol put his phone back in his pocket. "You'd think being alive for a thousand years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by."