Chapter 44: Bets and Dramatics

Rudy laid on the couch beside the daughter of the sea. Percy checked her phone to see that she had a text from the sun god.

'Can I visit?'

She smiled a bit and typed back a yes.

Before she could ask when he wanted to visit, Apollo appeared in the room.

Rudy barked and stood up, his tail wagging.

The sea green eyed girl jumped off the couch with a smile. She moved forward and wrapped her arms around his torso. "Hi, Sunny."

"Hi, Blue." The god replied, the corners of his lips rising, as he hugged her back.

She pulled back with a small chuckle. "I didn't realize you wanted to visit now."

"Of course I meant now," he spoke with a grin. "Miss me?"

She playfully nudged his shoulder. "Maybe a little bit. I haven't seen you in months."

"Well, if I remember correctly you've been 'busy.' And you went on a 'werewolf hunting trip'."

Percy shook her head, "That was months ago! And you're busy with 'god stuff' too."

He flicked his wrist downwards, dismissing her words. "Well, god stuff is boring."

She snorted.

Apollo redirected the conversation. "Which is why we need to do something fun. Does this town have anything interesting?"

"Meh," Percy replied. "There's not much to do around here. There's like one restaurant and it's named after the town."

"Hm." The good looked around. "Well, I say, we go anyways."

Rudy excitedly looked back and forth between the two. Apollo's eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly. "You got a dog!"

He immediately dropped to the ground to greet the puppy. Rudy's adorable brown eyes seemed to light up.

"Isn't he cute?" Percy asked. "His name is Rudy."

Apollo smiled widely. "He's adorable." The god continued petting the dog.

The god of the sun glanced up at the demigod. "Can we bring Rudy to the restaurant?" He asked hopefully.

The raven haired beauty grinned. "Duh."

➳ ➳

Apollo, Percy, and Rudy sat down at the bar of the restaurant.

Despite the puppy's size, the demigod still managed to keep him on her lap.

No one in the restaurant seemed to mind that the dog was sitting at the bar.

Two sodas were placed in front of Apollo and Percy.

"Okay, so what did I miss? Are there any cute people I should know about?" The god questioned.

Percy shrugged with a small smile. "Maybe." She took a sip from her straw.