Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is dedicated to jazzlynnverdin and Darkness_Queeen

Thank you for your support❤

***

MELISSA EVANS
Subjects: Law, Sociology, Business Management, Math, English & Literature
Birthday: June 27
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Age: 18 Blood Type: B
Favorite Color: Black

KEVIN HALE
Subjects: Economics, Coputer Science, Business Management, Additional Math, English & Literature
Birthday: October 28
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Age: 18 Blood Type: O
Favorite Color: Red

-------------------------------------------
I was sitting at lunch the next day with Melissa, Kevin and Callie. Both girls were having a heated argument about whether pineapple belonged on pizza or not.

It didn't really matter to me. Pizza was so good, there was no way you could spoil it, pineapple or not.

"What are you thinking about?"

I lifted my gaze from my plate full of supposedly pasta. With the cafeteria lunch you couldn't be sure. Kevin was staring at me intently, as if trying to read my mind.

"Nothing," I muttered.

He looked like he didn't believe me, but smartly dropped the topic.

Truth is, I was actually thinking about the party that was supposed to be held tonight. Call me crazy, but I actually wanted to go.

Apart from Ashton being my sworn enemy, maybe going to the party would be a nice change of pace. Besides, we'd be graduating in a few months; it didn't seem like a bad idea to get the experience.

"Oh yeah." Callie grinned. "I managed to talk Liz into going to Ashton's party."

"Woah," Melissa's face clouded with surprise. "How'd you manage that?"

"I'm pretty amazing if I do say so myself." Her eyes shimmered with excitement which made me feel even worse.

"I'm not going anymore, Callie," I sighed.

"What do you mean you're not going? You have to!"

"Well, last time I checked with my parents I can't go."

"You are going even if we have to sneak you out of your house!" she declared and Melissa nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but how do we get up to her room?"

"Ladder," Kevin suggested with an amused smirk on his face.

I shot him a death glare and glared at my other two besties who had put their pizza differences aside and were now drawing up a plan to get into my room.

I shook my head. "As much as I would love for you guys to kidnap me from my house and drag me off to a party, I think I'll pass."

Callie and Melissa shot me horrified looks.

"But you said you'd go." Callie pouted.

"Come on," Kevin said, slinging his hand around my shoulder. "I probably can't compete with the guys in those K-Dramas you love so much, but if you go, I'll be your date. "

I blushed beet red at his statement and looked down at my uneaten 'pasta'.

"I don't need a date, Kevin. Mel might go with Trey but it's not like Callie has a date."

Silence.

"Well, I'm glad you asked." Callie beamed.

"I didn't-"

"I have a date! You remember Demetri, right?" she toyed with the ends of her braid.

My face erupted into a huge smile at that announcement. I was so happy for her! After what her last boyfriend did three years ago, Callie had been left severely heartbroken. Demetri was the one who'd saved her from almost getting into an accident and she had a crush on him that only grew bigger each day.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about this!" I chided her with a smile. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks," she beamed. "I feel like I'm finally starting to move on from him. And hey, Kevin will take you."

I glanced nervously into Kevin's blue-grey eyes. They were kinda beautiful in a way I never realized before.

I only realized I was staring when I heard Melissa giggle. I dropped my gaze in embarrassment. Kevin chuckled.

"So it's a date then?"

"Remember, I'm kinda still not going," I said, looking up and avoiding Kevin's face at all costs. "Ever since I got into that accident going to a birthday party years ago, my parents treat me like fine china. Parties are basically taboo."

"Ugh. Gimme your cell," Callie commanded, stretching over the table. I handed it to her, curious as to why she wanted it.

"Relax, I'm not going to commit a crime," she laughed when she saw my expression.

We watched in amazement as she dialled my mom's number.

"Callie you can't do that, she's at work."

Callie placed her index finger on her lips to silence me.

"Hello, Mrs. Donaldson.... Yes, this is Callie.... I know you're at work, I won't be long... A party... Yes, a high school party.... Elizabeth... No wait, Mrs Donaldson..." Callie laughed. "Your daughter might be hopelessly socially impaired."

I was not socially impaired. So I didn't go out as much as the other person, but I was definitely not socially impaired!

"She can go?... Oh, thank you Mrs. D! Yes... Don't worry, she'll be safe with us... Me, Kevin and Melissa... Okay... Have a nice day too... Bye, I will."

Callie hung up and turned to face us with a wide grin. "You're going!" She squealed.

"I swear my mom likes you more than me!" I grumbled and they laughed.

But it was true! I begged my parents to at least give the party a chance. I made a PowerPoint presentation for crying out loud, but no, Callie makes a phone call and suddenly I'm being shipped off to the party.

Aahhhh. Life is so unfair.

"I like how you didn't include the part where she goes to the party with Kevin as her date," Melissa teased.

Sweet gummy bears! I was going to a party with Kevin, one of the hottest guys in school and my best friend. All his fan girls would probably gang me on sight. I shuddered.

"That story can wait 'till they're married and have a dozen kids," Callie sighed dreamily, lost in her own world.

A world I planned to secretly infiltrate and burn down some day. Cue evil laughter.

Maybe I am socially impaired...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the bell. I looked down at my uneaten lunch and I swear I saw it move.

Ewww.

Kevin must have realized that I was hungry because he reached into his bag and pulled out a Nature Valley bar.

I smiled at him and accepted it before gathering my books and rushing off to Biology.

-------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading the second chapter! This was a slower chapter, but things are about to pick up.

Do any of the characters interest you so far? Do you think going to the party is a good idea? Does pineapple belong on pizza?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!