Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is dedicated to invisible-apathetic, kaythewritter and KacySean

Thank you for your support ❤

***

FRANCIS DONALDSON (Elizabeth's father)
Age: 48

QUINN DONALDSON (Elizabeth's mother)
Age: 47

------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining its brilliant, golden beams of light into my room. I rolled over and snuggled closer to my pillows.

Wait! I opened one eye and looked over my surroundings. I was in my bed. I furrowed my brows trying to remember when I’d gotten into bed. The last memory I had was of me falling ssleep in Trey’s car.

I shook my head and glanced at the clock, which read 9:32 a.m. I lazily slid out of the luxurious comfort of my bed and strolled into the bathroom, while trying in vain to shake the mystifying events of the previous night out of my head.

But I just couldn’t. What did Ashton mean when he told me to stay away from Kevin? And the way he was acting over my bracelet… Something seemed eerie about the entire situation.

I stepped under the cool spray of the shower and closed my eyes, trying to relax and just maybe wash the worry away.

I wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body and stepped out of the bathroom and into my room.

I quickly chose an above knee white dress and a black jacket with black flats.

I spent the next thirty minutes straightening my hair, which had been curled for the party. I just wanted everything to go back to normal, including my hair. After that I went downstairs.

“Morning, mom,” I said, walking into the kitchen where she was making breakfast.

The delicious smell of chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs with sausages and bacon wafted to my nostrils. Mmm!

I began to help with the orange juice and tea. My dad came down minutes later and gave me a kiss on the forehead and my mom a peck on the lips, then he sat down at the island kitchen with a copy of today’s paper.

He seemed engrossed in his reading and I managed to catch a glimpse of the headlines.

‘When Will The Crown Prince Return?’

“What’s that about?” I asked, sitting down beside him.

“The people want to know what’s become of the crown prince,” he sighed. “They’re getting impatient.”

“The government’s doing a good job though,” I said as I reached for a slice of toast and smeared it with Nutella.

“It’s the monarchy who controls the government in this kingdom. They appear to rule from the shadows, but they actually wield the ultimate power.”

“Doesn’t the government want to get rid of the monarchy then?”

“They did try once upon a time. Let me see...” he tapped his chin thoughtfully. 

Oh no. I felt a History lecture coming on. My dad was a History Lecturer at one of the local universities. I should have known that asking about something political would get him in teacher mode.

“It was fall of 1857 and the government had just passed the-”

“Now, honey,” mom laughed. “Save the lectures for after breakfast.”