Chapter 119

Chapter 119 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 12K reads!

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
-----------------------------------------------------------

I hugged Micah to me as he dazedly tried to follow his brother. A forlorn expression crept into his eyes.

“Armani promised that he'll come back,” I comforted him. “He’ll come back to you soon. In the meantime, he wouldn’t want you to be so sad.”

Micah forced a smile. I remembered that he still hadn’t eaten as yet. It was getting late so I decided to just take him out for dinner.

“We have a meeting now,” Jackson said as he walked out of the room.

A chorus of groans came in response. I looked over at Ashton, who had been silently watching me and Micah.

Jackson paused by the door. “You too, Elizabeth.”

“Me?” I asked in surprise. I never had to attend those before.

He nodded once and then left the building. Jun grinned happily beside Kristof as he tried to annoy him into fighting him.

“I have to get Micah something to eat first though,” I pointed out, but Micah shook his head.

“I’m not hungry anymore.”

“You’re not feeling hungry right now, but you will be later. You have to eat. I did tell your brother that I’d watch over you while he’s away.”

Jun frowned in Micah’s direction.

“I know,” I said, getting an idea. “Why don't you grab something to eat with Callie while I go to the meeting?”

“Callie’s here?” he asked and I nodded.

He thought about it and then smiled. “Okay.”

I texted Callie and in a few minutes she and Daniel came to pick up Micah. After they left, I swivelled around to face the guys. I had a bone to pick with them, but I decided to just talk to them at the meeting.

Ashton walked beside me in silence all the way to his house. I wanted to say something, but the dark, brooding expression on his face killed the words in my throat. We went up to the second floor to their meeting room.

Jackson sat at one of the desks and Ashton went to the front of the room. I sat between Kevin and Raúl.

The room was a bit tense as they had just come out of a two hour long meeting. As Ashton sorted through some papers, I turned to Kevin.

“Can you tell me what happened just now? Why did Armani have to leave?”

“His argument didn’t stand a chance against three Betas,” Kevin sighed.

“But he wasn’t in the wrong,” I protested.

“We tried to help him, but the king’s advisors weren’t interested in keeping him around. He’s been in a lot of fights too. They’re tired of warning him.”

“I’m glad he’s gone,” Jun piped up from where he was lounging on the couch.

“Jun, you shouldn’t say that,” I frowned. “He fought back in self defense this time.”

“And what about all the other times?” he scowled. “He’s just an Omega who needs to know his place.”

I glanced at Jackson, whose eyes were closed and he wore an expression of irritation.